Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:07 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"Your help is always appreciated. I do not want you to make too much sacrifice for our cause. This is really between myself, Kgosi Olmar and Malim."

Kuublu is impatient and wishes to investigate further. He waits for Mthunzi to report.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:54 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
Mthunzi takes the opportunity to scout the settlement while the light is still low, climbing the pallisade as suggested. His objective is to get a good overview of Malim's forces and establish whether himself and his companions could quietly take the gate with the two guards on it (are the guards on the inside or outside of the gate?) Or are there any weak spots in the pallisade, or unwatched spots that his less nimble companions could climb over?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:26 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Hellbrandt wrote:
Mthunzi takes the opportunity to scout the settlement while the light is still low, climbing the pallisade as suggested. His objective is to get a good overview of Malim's forces and establish whether himself and his companions could quietly take the gate with the two guards on it (are the guards on the inside or outside of the gate?) Or are there any weak spots in the pallisade, or unwatched spots that his less nimble companions could climb over?

Mthunzi slips into the town over the pallisade he notes the two guards standing inside the gate are not particularly alert and seem to spend a lot of their time holding their heads and looking back towards the longhouse.

He moves from building to building, only startling the occasional guinea fowl. As he approaches the small hut that Kgosigadi Ngela currently occupies he is forced to stop for a few minutes as a patrol passes by. Tallying them in his head he notes two men on the jungle gate, four on the trade gate and two pairs on patrol......with what he saw the previous night there cannot not be more than half a dozen within the longhouse itself now....

He moves to the entrance of the hut and slips quickly inside where he is immediately greeted by the ancient old woman holding a machete out in his direction.

" Oh! Your one of Kuublu's men. I thought perhaps one of Malims had gotten very foolish indeed."

" You did it. The sun is up and the child still breathes....well done to you! And our dear Olmar?", she said quietly looking back at the slumbering form of Ngela.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
"Olmar is alive and well and the Mother of Moons is no more. Our band fought bravely, following the courageous Prince Kuublu into peril".

Mthunzi pauses, gathering his thoughts. "The brave fellows await me outside the village, I have taken a measure of the guards and will report back to them. It will not be long before we move to action and bring the false reign of Malim Oche to an end. For now keep yourselves to this hut, if we need any assistance we will know where to find you"

Before he returns to the group, Mthunzi will ask the old woman if she has any other information that may help them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:45 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Hellbrandt wrote:
"Olmar is alive and well and the Mother of Moons is no more. Our band fought bravely, following the courageous Prince Kuublu into peril".

Mthunzi pauses, gathering his thoughts. "The brave fellows await me outside the village, I have taken a measure of the guards and will report back to them. It will not be long before we move to action and bring the false reign of Malim Oche to an end. For now keep yourselves to this hut, if we need any assistance we will know where to find you"

Before he returns to the group, Mthunzi will ask the old woman if she has any other information that may help them.

The old woman looked agog, " This is wonderful news."

" I will keep our Ngela here and safe along with the child. Most of the men drank last night....but not all, there are some that slept and woke fresh this morning. Be careful."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:46 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Mthunzi returned to the group and relayed all that he had learned and heard.

As the sun rose townsfolk appeared and the companions noted that all of them did their best to avoid the longhouse and the patrols and guards.

After expressing his thanks and delight at the news of his wife and child, Kgosi Olmar noted that the young women and men were not on the streets and smiled at the wisdom of his folk, " They are trying to avoid provoking these men. Most of my people are merchants and crafters, they would be little use in fighting but if enough are roused it may give the invaders pause."

" But we must be cautious, I will not risk my peoples lives to return me to my place."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:01 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"I would not wish to risk their lives nor see a speck of blood from a commoner. War is the duty of noble men and wild men. However if we confront those who have awaken, and appear in a large number they may come to their senses and yield."

"Perhaps we should make our approach. If there is any fighting, it will be done by you and I."

Kuublu places his arm on Kgosi Olmars shoulder.

"Shall we confront them?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:30 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
"If you want a show of force, I have enough energy left for one more effort. You have seen that I can summon the fire of the Sun God - perhaps we can use that to help convince the men that they are outmatched..?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:58 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"We have this one chance. If we do not intimidate them by numbers and take advantage of the situation we may have to wait. I can always request for more soldiers but I fear that Kgosi Olmar may not be trusted to manage his own affairs if we cannot resolve this ourselves."

"Your aid is always welcome. I lack the means to demonstrate my gratitude, but if we can just overcome this last issue of the day..."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

The group talked as they hid in the forest and determined, despite some resistance from Kgosi Olmar, that they would bide their time and rest up.

The town was scouted again and as near a tally as they could get was taken of the defenders, townsfolk and Malims location.

As it had first seemed there were only a scant few of Malims men with any real discipline but they seemed to do their best to pull the others into line, though when they weren't there the others went back to drinking again. Though the townsfolk were doing their best to stay out of the way, there were two minor incidents that Mthunzi saw on his afternoon scouting mission. A teenage boy was lightly beaten when he spoke back to the 'guards' and a young woman was almost cornered by one of the patrols and may have been in some danger if some of the older townsmen hadn't happened past.....but tensions were slowly increasing....

Evening came around again and when the moon reached its zenith Chiemeka again felt the eldritch energies fill his being....

The sounds from the longhouse were less raucous and the gates remained guarded that night.

Aku'lulu returned through the trees in the early hours of the morning...

co-author Cold Fury

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next