Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:07 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 54  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1180
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu looks at the headband that Ak' is wearing.


"Perhaps the circlet provides you with the means to communicate with it?"

"Actually, I am not sure if it needs air to breath nor food for sustenance. If I had a hammer I may somehow move it, but it would take too long. Perhaps the things we retrieved will be of use."

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:47 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
OOC - No problem GM. :) And noted on your reply that the circlet sheds no new light on the situation.

Ak'kulula looks doubtfully at the Prince and shakes his head. "Your Highness, the circlet confers no new ability of any sort. Though, my senses tell me it contains powerful enchantments of some kind. Perhaps we might discover clues on how to activate it as we explore deeper into these caves."

He turns to Chiemeka, respectfully reaching out his hands for the staff. "Revered Sir. If I may look at the staff for a moment..."

As the old Sage hands over the staff, the Mystic grasps it firmly by its middle section with both his hands and studies it closely. He runs his eyes over its entire length, looking for a switch, or any way to activate it. He continues his examination by touching its tips to the ground in turn, watching for any resulting effect on the dirt and stone.

At the end of it all, the lad lifts up the staff and points the cold end at the statue. He is careful to avoid having either end of the staff pointing at himself or any of his comrades...

OOC - Does the examination of the staff reveal anything new? Do I need to roll something? Maybe roll vs Psychic Talent or Intelligence to see if Ak'kulula successfully discovers how to activate/use the staff?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1210
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
OOC - No problem GM. :) And noted on your reply that the circlet sheds no new light on the situation.

Ak'kulula looks doubtfully at the Prince and shakes his head. "Your Highness, the circlet confers no new ability of any sort. Though, my senses tell me it contains powerful enchantments of some kind. Perhaps we might discover clues on how to activate it as we explore deeper into these caves."

He turns to Chiemeka, respectfully reaching out his hands for the staff. "Revered Sir. If I may look at the staff for a moment..."

As the old Sage hands over the staff, the Mystic grasps it firmly by its middle section with both his hands and studies it closely. He runs his eyes over its entire length, looking for a switch, or any way to activate it. He continues his examination by touching its tips to the ground in turn, watching for any resulting effect on the dirt and stone.

At the end of it all, the lad lifts up the staff and points the cold end at the statue. He is careful to avoid having either end of the staff pointing at himself or any of his comrades...

OOC - Does the examination of the staff reveal anything new? Do I need to roll something? Maybe roll vs Psychic Talent or Intelligence to see if Ak'kulula successfully discovers how to activate/use the staff?


After turning the staff over in his hands for some minutes Ak'kulula finds that if he thinks of cool things...water, mountain winds and the like the staff begins grow cooler and begin to vibrate......and likewise if he thinks of the blazing sun or the sweltering heat of the jungle the staff grows warm and begins to vibrate at a higher pitch.

He determines to concentrate on cool things and faces the bluish end of the staff towards the statue, after some moments there is a sudden pulse of cold in the wood of the staff and the statue is suddenly coated in a layer of frost...as one finds on the morning ground rarely in the dry season....the statues movements slow a little but it still seems dangerous.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1180
Profession: Barbarian
"How did you?... Shall we run for it?"

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
In a moment of inspiration, the Mystic turns the staff around such that the reddish end now points directly at the ice-covered statue. Brows furrowing in concentration, he thinks of the hottest summer in his memory, where the most lusciously green trees dried up under the relentless unforgiving sun and burst into flames, becoming an inferno that raged through the forests fiercely and unabated, consuming everything in its path...

OOC - Sigh...pre-civilization boy mystic understands plain old Physics of material stress caused by sudden expansion/contraction.

Sorry GM. For the shameless meta...:P :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:07 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1210
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
In a moment of inspiration, the Mystic turns the staff around such that the reddish end now points directly at the ice-covered statue. Brows furrowing in concentration, he thinks of the hottest summer in his memory, where the most lusciously green trees dried up under the relentless unforgiving sun and burst into flames, becoming an inferno that raged through the forests fiercely and unabated, consuming everything in its path...

OOC - Sigh...pre-civilization boy mystic understands plain old Physics of material stress caused by sudden expansion/contraction.

Sorry GM. For the shameless meta...:P :(


The staff pulses with a heat so intense he almost burns his hand and then the frost becomes steam and the statue almost glows with heat.

There are loud growling and popping sounds and suddenly large chunks of stone began to crack out from the statue and soon it was reduced to a pile of rubble.

OOC: Well throwing cold stones into a morning campfire would give a fair idea. ;)

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:39 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1180
Profession: Barbarian
OCC - I remember decades ago, isle of wight, we decided to build a fire and some kid pushed wet stones into the fire to 'stop it spreading'. Chips started flying around, quite dangerous, could take an eye out.

Hm... wet stones...

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Eyes widened in surprise, Ak'kulula watches as the stone guardian crumbles to rubble before his eyes. Though he had some inkling of the powerful natural forces involved when extreme temperatures collide in a single place, this is by far the most dramatic display of it happening. He looks at the staff in awe, then respectfully hands the artifact back to Chiemeka.

Taking up his machete again, he walks forth, eyes studying the stone quay for signs of defensive contraptions to deter unwelcome visitors. His attention is fixed onto the plank bridge in particular, while he wonders how the wooden planks could have survived the long passage of time this whole tomb complex had already endured without decaying...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1180
Profession: Barbarian
"I don't think this bridge was maintained, at least that thing couldn't do anything. I wonder if it can hold?"

Is there any indication of decay, water damage, fractures, or other signs of wood decay?

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:01 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1210
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
The quay appears to be nothing more than a roughly carved slab of stone, the bridge is indeed ancient and it seems impossible that the wood and lashings have endured, but endure they have.

Ak'kululas many years of judging the stability and strength of tree branches and the like reassure him that the bridge should support their weight.....then he looks again at the stony countenance of Kuublu and he grows concerned....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 54  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group