Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Oh, and I'll secure my donkey...

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:21 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
"I hope that there are no more of them. Best see if there were more tracks!"

Kuublu moves to search around, to see whether there could be more tracks and more rabid hyenas running around.

WodenKrait wrote:
OOC: Once it is clear that we are in no immediate danger, Ammu crouches on the ground, holding his injured shoulder and nodding rhythmically, eyes closed. He is drinking Coti's Milk [casting invigorate] and will ignore the prince until fully healed or he psychically fatigues.

Kharille wrote:
OOC: Oh, and I'll secure my donkey...

Kuublu secured his animal and then searched the area finding no sign of any more hyena.

OOC: Ammu regained 2hp before his head began to ache and nothing more came..

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:34 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu is irritated but he reluctantly moves the carcasses into a pile further inroad to hide the smell and to let scavengers feed. He wonders whether other vultures or hyenas might turn rabid, but he's not inclined to bury them. Cursing he tries to throw them into the closest ditch or waterway before realizing the infection might spread further. He then decides to leave them to dessicate in the sun.

For some reason he's inspired to do all this sanitation work, despite it being beneath his station.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:58 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
I carefully inspect the area of the struggle, picking up, studying, and then discarding tufts of grass, handfuls of dirt, and twigs. Finally I pick up a shiny but otherwise nondescript pebble and after carefully inspecting it, put in my pack.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:15 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Well, time to move on. Kuublu thanks Ammu, his presence has been a blessing, who knows, he might've lost his donkey if he travelled alone or may have been wounded. He will advise travellers of the pile of carcasses, and that if late in the day they should try to burn it, and who knows what other creatures it may attract...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:08 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
WodenKrait wrote:
I carefully inspect the area of the struggle, picking up, studying, and then discarding tufts of grass, handfuls of dirt, and twigs. Finally I pick up a shiny but otherwise nondescript pebble and after carefully inspecting it, put in my pack.

Kharille wrote:
Well, time to move on. Kuublu thanks Ammu, his presence has been a blessing, who knows, he might've lost his donkey if he travelled alone or may have been wounded. He will advise travellers of the pile of carcasses, and that if late in the day they should try to burn it, and who knows what other creatures it may attract...

The two men move on, washing up at the well and drinking their fills.

They travel for another half day before coming to a small village set against the side of a rock face, the village is surrounded by a formidable stake fence but the gate is open and there are sounds of laughter within...

The village was evidently celebrating something as there were a number of goats and kudu roasting on spits over coal fires and a great deal of palm wine was being consumed. A man dressed in a rough approximation of a baboon witha carved mask and red wooden buttocks laid over his skins danced around groups of women and children making hooting sounds and drawing screams and laughter..

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:14 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu smiles and finds a place to seat himself and Ammu.

OOC: Is there a village headman or somebody who could help us arrange accommodation?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:36 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

OOC: While staying close to Kuublu, Ammu tries to find a comfortable place to rest and nurse his injured arm. It is causing him considerable discomfort and he's feeling tired after a long day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:15 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
Sitting by the fire Mthunzi watches the two strangers arrive. Mthunzi whispers to himself, as is his habit "Do the gods smile on you again Mthunzi? These travellers could be your way out of this village, for the road ahead is dangerous and you do not wish to travel alone. It won't be long before these foolish villagers realise the amulets and charms you have sold them hold no power at all... and that would not be good."

Leaving his place by the fire, Mthunzi approaches the two strangers with a jug of wine and two extra cups, a smile on his face, while attempting to appear warm and friendly (which of course, he is). "Travellers, it seems your journey has not been kind to you. Please, have a drink. I am Mthunzi, another traveller on these hard roads."

Last edited by Hellbrandt on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:37 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, I am Ammu. Thank you but no, I do not drink. I hope you do not mind but there are sprites pulling on my eyelids. I will rest for a moment"

OOC: With a long yawn, Ammu curls up on his rug, hugging his pack as is his habit when sleeping in a public place. Ammu can sleep anywhere, day or night.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next