Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:43 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:33 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1867
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Quote:
She looks again at the speechless woman....there is an empty wrap about her torso...
[...]
As they leave one of the older women says the word "Azimu".


Assuming that the woman has had a child taken by the predator, Chiemeka puts his hands up to his mouth and calls as loudly as he can, "Azimu!".



Dreadnought wrote:
Damian May wrote:
As they come to a stand of massive paduak trees the trail is lost....


Pulgil drops to her knees to examine the ground minutely for a minute. If no evidence can be found of the trail, she will stand and continue in whatever seems the most likely direction to her for a creature to travel. Randomly if necessary - better to be moving in some direction in case it is right than to stand still if there is no other evidence.


As Pulgil knelt to check the track there was suddenly a great weight on her back and her face was driven into the soft loam and fallen leaves.

Chiemeka started as a huge grey brindled creature threw itself from somewhere high in the branches ahead to land on Pulgil, jaws already moving to close on the back of her neck.

It was a cat but very large....the size of one of the plains lions but it obviously climbed as easily as a leopard. He racked his brain as the grey semi-striped and spotted coat called to mind the word Mngwa .

OOC: Combat has begun. It aced its Stealth check against both of you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mngwa

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:27 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
"I appeal to Sebak, bringer of disease, to take the strength from this beast so that Pulgil may strike it down."

Weakness spell - Magical Attack (15): 2d10 = 7 (http://orokos.com/roll/437401)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 595
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Pulgil rolls, and tries to recover to thrust her spear at the creature. When she has a chance...

Attack roll on Mngwa (when I get the chance): 1d20 15

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:29 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1867
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
"I appeal to Sebak, bringer of disease, to take the strength from this beast so that Pulgil may strike it down."

Weakness spell - Magical Attack (15): 2d10 = 7 (http://orokos.com/roll/437401)


Dreadnought wrote:
Pulgil rolls, and tries to recover to thrust her spear at the creature. When she has a chance...

Attack roll on Mngwa (when I get the chance): 1d20 15


Mngwa sank its teeth into Pulgil but she had already started rolling and instead of severing her spine it simply tore a great lump of muscle from her shoulder.

The great cat sagged noticeably as the sorcery took effect but it was still too quick for Pulgils spear, the power taken from her blow as the shock of her wound set in.

OOC: Mngwa, rolled 6,5 using 1d20,1d8.

-5 hp to Pungil.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:44 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Reasoning that the beast may be too quick to be hit by a burst of flame, and that another similar bite may prove fatal, Chiemeka calls upon the healing light of Aset to restore Pulgil so that she may defeat the creature.
Lesser Healing: +2 HP

[This assumes that Chiemeka can get close enough to Pulgil to lay his hand on her injured shoulder. If not, he will instead cast Image to create the illusion of a grazing antelope, in the hope that this will distract the Mngwa.]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 595
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
If healed, Pulgil yells a "I shall use it!" but regardless again, attempts to spear the creature.

Attack the kitty: 1d20 6

Armour Bypass Roll: 2d4 5

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:25 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1867
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Reasoning that the beast may be too quick to be hit by a burst of flame, and that another similar bite may prove fatal, Chiemeka calls upon the healing light of Aset to restore Pulgil so that she may defeat the creature.
Lesser Healing: +2 HP


Dreadnought wrote:
If healed, Pulgil yells a "I shall use it!" but regardless again, attempts to spear the creature.

Attack the kitty: 1d20 6

Armour Bypass Roll: 2d4 5


Chiemeka leapt over and placed a hand on Pulgils shoulder, as the wound healed somewhat Pulgil threw her spear at the great cat, the weapon struck it in the shoulder and it stopped its leap and sprang away. It hissed at them once more then sprang off into the jungle at speed.....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:28 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Quote:
It hissed at them once more then sprang off into the jungle at speed.....


"We should follow it. The creature is bleeding and should be easy to track."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:24 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 595
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
drb1004 wrote:
Quote:
It hissed at them once more then sprang off into the jungle at speed.....


"We should follow it. The creature is bleeding and should be easy to track."


"Agreed."

Pulgil will recover her spear if needed, and then give chase/track.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:40 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1867
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Quote:
It hissed at them once more then sprang off into the jungle at speed.....


"We should follow it. The creature is bleeding and should be easy to track."



Dreadnought wrote:
drb1004 wrote:
Quote:
It hissed at them once more then sprang off into the jungle at speed.....


"We should follow it. The creature is bleeding and should be easy to track."


"Agreed."

Pulgil will recover her spear if needed, and then give chase/track.


The two of them raced off into the jungle after the huge feline, Pulgils keen eyes noted a few specks of blood and disturbed foliage where the creature had passed and lead the way, the trail led them down into a dark hollow underneath a huge liana....it seemed the cat had gone into the darkness under the tree root canopy. All was quiet....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group