Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:09 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:15 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 595
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
The two of them raced off into the jungle after the huge feline, Pulgils keen eyes noted a few specks of blood and disturbed foliage where the creature had passed and lead the way, the trail led them down into a dark hollow underneath a huge liana....it seemed the cat had gone into the darkness under the tree root canopy. All was quiet....


Pulgil takes a deep breath and steps towards the darkness under the tree root canopy as if she intends to enter it. But her attention is split - she is also paying close attention to the possibility that the cat has climbed the liana and is waiting to plummet down onto her again.

She mutters. "Once fooled is forgiveable. Twice fooled is not. Cats are cunning but Pulgil can be cunning too."

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:49 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Quote:
Pulgil takes a deep breath and steps towards the darkness under the tree root canopy as if she intends to enter it. But her attention is split - she is also paying close attention to the possibility that the cat has climbed the liana and is waiting to plummet down onto her again.

Assuming that Chiemeka has the lantern etc. that are part of the standard starting equipment... He removes his lantern from his pack and lights it, ready to follow Pulgil into the darkness and light her way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:30 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1867
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Dreadnought wrote:
Damian May wrote:
The two of them raced off into the jungle after the huge feline, Pulgils keen eyes noted a few specks of blood and disturbed foliage where the creature had passed and lead the way, the trail led them down into a dark hollow underneath a huge liana....it seemed the cat had gone into the darkness under the tree root canopy. All was quiet....


Pulgil takes a deep breath and steps towards the darkness under the tree root canopy as if she intends to enter it. But her attention is split - she is also paying close attention to the possibility that the cat has climbed the liana and is waiting to plummet down onto her again.

She mutters. "Once fooled is forgiveable. Twice fooled is not. Cats are cunning but Pulgil can be cunning too."


drb1004 wrote:
Quote:
Pulgil takes a deep breath and steps towards the darkness under the tree root canopy as if she intends to enter it. But her attention is split - she is also paying close attention to the possibility that the cat has climbed the liana and is waiting to plummet down onto her again.


Assuming that Chiemeka has the lantern etc. that are part of the standard starting equipment... He removes his lantern from his pack and lights it, ready to follow Pulgil into the darkness and light her way.


Chiemeka takes the hollow gourd out and lights the oily linen within throwing the hollow into stark relief with twisting root-shadows about them.

And it is indeed lucky that he did as the light reveals to Pulgil, that the great brindled cat is lying in wait on a root shelf just above the interior chamber, it snarls and jumps down to land in front of them seemingly not much troubled by its wound...

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 595
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
And it is indeed lucky that he did as the light reveals to Pulgil, that the great brindled cat is lying in wait on a root shelf just above the interior chamber, it snarls and jumps down to land in front of them seemingly not much troubled by its wound...


Unless (and it seems unlikely) the cat shows some sort of sign of not wanting to fight, Pulgil thrusts the spear forward.

Attack roll: 1d20 6

ABR: 2d4 4

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:09 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka carefully places the lantern on the ground (or hangs it from a bough?) and grips his staff in case he should have to defend himself, keeping himself as close to Pulgil as possible to adminster healing if necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:59 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1867
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Dreadnought wrote:
Damian May wrote:
And it is indeed lucky that he did as the light reveals to Pulgil, that the great brindled cat is lying in wait on a root shelf just above the interior chamber, it snarls and jumps down to land in front of them seemingly not much troubled by its wound...


Unless (and it seems unlikely) the cat shows some sort of sign of not wanting to fight, Pulgil thrusts the spear forward.


drb1004 wrote:
Chiemeka carefully places the lantern on the ground (or hangs it from a bough?) and grips his staff in case he should have to defend himself, keeping himself as close to Pulgil as possible to adminster healing if necessary.


The Mngwa leaped at Pulgil with terrible speed raking its claws across her body as it sprang, but the battered old crocodile hide kept the claws from her skin. It turned as it landed.

Pulgils spear struck the animals flank as it flew past drawing a long shallow gash, but it seemed little hampered...

OOC:

Pulgil: Attack roll: 1d20 6

ABR: 2d4 4 Hit and sucessful ABR.

Chiemeka: Holds action.

Mngwa:
07:53, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Mngwa, rolled 9,2 using 1d20,1d8. Hit, Fail ABR.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:21 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Has the Weaken spell worn off yet (and would I know this if it had? As sorcerors can terminate durational spells, I've always assumed they must know whether or not they're still operating!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1867
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Has the Weaken spell worn off yet (and would I know this if it had? As sorcerors can terminate durational spells, I've always assumed they must know whether or not they're still operating!)


OOC: Still active.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 389
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Knowing that the cat is likely to be able to dodge any jet of flame that he could produce, and unwilling to waste his magical energies when he might be called upon to provide healing, Chiemeka stays close to the heavily armoured Pulgil and jabs his staff at the cat, more trying to fend it off than in any hope of actually injuring it...

Attack roll (d20): 3
ABR (d6): 4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:46 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 595
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Pulgil will try and stab the creature again. No subtlety. Just skewer.

Attack Roll: 1d20 16

Unlikely to hit, but ABR anyway as a matter of form: 2d4 5

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group