Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:57 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu maintains a smiling face and briefly glances at Kgosi Olmar.

"Ah, but you don't know, King Oublu follows his subjects closely. Only a few days ago I ment Seneschal Mandewe who tasked me with seeing the birth of the new born child of Kgosigadi Ngela. My garrison is only a few days from Iintombi Intlambo. The Mother of Moons required divine blessings from our beloved ancestors to vanquish, but amongst men we are all very secure."

Kuublu steps forward.

"Let us resolve this, your skills are more suited to the command of warriors. There is little need in a trading village. Surely you have greater ambitions, your capability and potential can be better realized with a larger garrison and greater responsibilities? I believe one day we can both celebrate together as you attain your hearts desires."

Excellent post and play Kharille! :D Enjoyed that clever twist immensely!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:14 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
A herald could butter him up much better. But we will try. I think Knights should try talking and using their better education. If I really wanted to play a redshirt, I'd take a Barbarian. Nothing better to do but kick in doors and have wild parties on a slippery red floors after victory....

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:21 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Kharille wrote:
A herald could butter him up much better. But we will try. I think Knights should try talking and using their better education. If I really wanted to play a redshirt, I'd take a Barbarian. Nothing better to do but kick in doors and have wild parties on a slippery red floors after victory....

Agree! More breadth for actions, behavior, and ways of dealing with problems than just beating up someone! Or running away when beat! Interesting! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:04 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Damian May wrote:
OOC:
And Kuublu knocks it out of the park, just squeaks the Looks check to get Malim to listen then utterly convinces him on the rightness of his argument. Very Nice....and not how i was expecting it to go given the odds and personality of Malim but the Dice have decided.

Great job Kharille! That's some out of the box thinking and nifty diplo-talk you got Kubluu to do! :D

Never expected a no-fighting ending to the issue! Now I'm really really glad we didn't hurt anyone of Malim's!

And once more, Damian shows his considerable flexibility and openmindedness, and his ability to steer his players to a good conclusion in the end! :D

On a separate note...something reading funny in the post GM. ;D Reads like the older mercenary has more than 5 fingers on one hand! Intended? :D
Damian May wrote:
Malim nodded thoughtfully and one of the older mercenaries spoke with him at length, his hand passing over the crowd of townsfolk , and then holding up six fingers and covering them with his other hand.

Malim looked crestfallen for a moment but nodded then turned back to Kuublu.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:13 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Glad it worked out. I'm used to computer games where every kill gives experience points *kching!* but here we are. Kuublu isn't exactly the best fighter and he's got very weak gear. It would be nice if he had a high intelligence score. Anyway, lets party.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:24 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:
OOC:

On a separate note...something reading funny in the post GM. ;D Reads like the older mercenary has more than 5 fingers on one hand! Intended? :D
Damian May wrote:
Malim nodded thoughtfully and one of the older mercenaries spoke with him at length, his hand passing over the crowd of townsfolk , and then [color=#FF0000]holding up six fingers and covering them with his other hand.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Ok.

So I'm going to do a big wrap up post and that will be the end of Chapter 0.

I personally would like to keep going with the campaign but it looks like we've had a few wander off or lose a lot of interest so.........

- What did I do wrong/can I do right to help folks be more engaged?
- Does anyone want to pull the plug on their character?
- If we do continue please feel free to invite others along to play.
- General Moaning about the GM being a dick.

:)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Hire more geeks who are stuck in front of a computer all the time. I'm practically a cyborg apart from the commuting time.

Funny, just joined a facebook adnd 1e game on facebook, but that's real time and I can't do anything in it. Character creation was hard.

Wonder if we can revive old contacts. I know there were active games since 2004 and some of those guys have yet to materialize in hiabour. How did things change from 2004?

Love forum games, slow paced and I can respond in my own time. Posting often involves typing on excel, and cutting and pasting in discreet moments. Awkward but fun for me since I'm disinterested in my work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Didn't read the mission in the book, maybe I'll finish it now. I was stuck. Not sure, maybe I would get stuck in King under the forest. When I ran that game one guy got totally pissed off when he stepped on a loose tile. Maybe the main rule book should've had some dungeon crawl adventure, much simpler. Especially for beginner level players. I think players love it when you toss gemstones and magic weapons everywhere. Years back Nirmalan used adnd adventures and I was agitated at all the magic shiny stuff that materialized everywhere. Too much. Glad we don't leave magic weapons lying around everywhere. Maybe I'm just a ... low fantasy sort of guy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:52 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Congrats to everyone. :D we got the job done!

I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure! Loved the story...original, interesting and non-trivial, believable NPCs that are more than storyline props and quest-givers. Though I joined halfway, didn't feel like I missed out alot.

Damian really brought back some wonderful memories I had playing this as a boy. Players initiating unconventional even outright weird schemes, and the GM not rejecting it outright but working with players to steer the scheme and the storyline to conclusion. Not being too roll-obsessed but bringing in the dices occasionally when needed. Even fudging or creatively interpreting the die-rolls to move the story forward. (Disclaimer: Ok I don't know if Damian fudged any rolls, but yeah not letting rolls kill the adventure.. This is the sort of GMing I kinda like...)

I think Damian tries very hard to keep the story moving and to not let your players down. Thank you Damian! Greatly appreciate you!

Felt slow moving at some points. But I totally get it that this is part of PBP games. I understand about the demands of real life. Can identify with some of us in periods when real life gets so wacky I just can't get to the game to even respond with a one liner.

I would love to continue with Ak'kulula. And yes I will continue to invite people here. I've nothing to moan about GM - you have been terrific. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 105  Next