Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC Thread.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:48 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
I've thoroughly enjoyed the adventure - thanks Damian :) I know I haven't been as active as some, which is largely due to my daughter being born midway through the game, and my spare time disappearing as a result! I'd be very happy to carry on playing Chiemeka in an ongoing campaign.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
drb1004 wrote:
I've thoroughly enjoyed the adventure - thanks Damian :) I know I haven't been as active as some, which is largely due to my daughter being born midway through the game, and my spare time disappearing as a result! I'd be very happy to carry on playing Chiemeka in an ongoing campaign.

Congrats drb!!! :D blessings and best wishes for you and your wife and baby daughter!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
howareyou wrote:
drb1004 wrote:

Congrats drb!!! :D blessings and best wishes for you and your wife and baby daughter!

Thanks! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
Ok.

So I'm going to do a big wrap up post and that will be the end of Chapter 0.

I personally would like to keep going with the campaign but it looks like we've had a few wander off or lose a lot of interest so........

I have been trying to get back into it, but while my energy levels (health related) have improved to the point I thought I could participate, I just couldn't catch up.

If it continued, and I could sort of start over, I would try to do better.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

I hope and pray you get well soon Shaun.

I would love to play with you here.

I know you are one of the legends of DW and have contributed a great deal to the game over many years. But hope to get to know you as a fellow gamer and a friend.

Look forward to see you join in when you can Shaun. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
Thanks chaps, and especially Damian for running this game.

This was my first PBM game and I really didn't know what to expect. It's certainly a different experience than a face to face or online game, more time to think, more time to read the details, but also more time to lose track of where things are up to. There were plenty of moments I enjoyed - Damian's narrative and handling of multiple characters, NPC's and the various threads; there were also things that I found frustrating - mostly due to the non-interactive nature of the medium and the slow pace. There were times when I couldn't visit the page daily, and when I did things had moved on, schemes had developed and I felt I was losing track of where the game was up to. Then there were times when I did visit daily and nothing was happening.

I would say that I enjoyed the earlier stages of the game more, the initial character development and establishing relationships. The middle section in the village and dealing with the Mother of Moons was also interesting, but it felt like the exciting parts of the game were moving slowly. I found the battle against MoM to be confusing and difficult to follow. Finally I would say that I enjoyed the last village section least of all; there were long periods of pondering and discussing, backwards and forwards, and I struggled for motivation (me, not Mthunzi), because it felt to me like defeating MoM was the climax of the adventure.

I appreciate all the effort everyone has made contributing to this game, but I don't think it's for me, and so will be retiring Mthunzi. I hope you all go on to great adventures with your characters and enjoy many more games with Damian.

Cheers

Hellbrandt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Ah, forum games. Suits me. So slow paced I'm on 3 of them. I ran one on yahoogroups years ago and a 12 round combat took 2 months to resolve. I gave a 4 day window for everyone to post, and not everyone did so we basically waited 4 days for every combat round to resolve.

Suits me. Typing allows me to enter long descriptions and all if I'm in the mood.

Seems many games run out of steam after a while. Especially those lacking panzers. Nothing to drive the troops forward.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:07 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

It's a shame you won't be continuing with us Hellbrandt. :(

I really appreciated the initiatives and actions Mthunzi took in the various encounters and problems. Had looked forward to seeing Mthunzi in action more. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:52 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Hire more geeks who are stuck in front of a computer all the time. I'm practically a cyborg apart from the commuting time.

Funny, just joined a facebook adnd 1e game on facebook, but that's real time and I can't do anything in it. Character creation was hard.

Wonder if we can revive old contacts. I know there were active games since 2004 and some of those guys have yet to materialize in hiabour. How did things change from 2004?

Love forum games, slow paced and I can respond in my own time. Posting often involves typing on excel, and cutting and pasting in discreet moments. Awkward but fun for me since I'm disinterested in my work.

If you did want to reach out I'm fine with that. I wasn't there for the first few years of dragwars mainly cos I didn't know the group existed. :)

Kharille wrote:
Didn't read the mission in the book, maybe I'll finish it now. I was stuck. Not sure, maybe I would get stuck in King under the forest. When I ran that game one guy got totally pissed off when he stepped on a loose tile. Maybe the main rule book should've had some dungeon crawl adventure, much simpler. Especially for beginner level players. I think players love it when you toss gemstones and magic weapons everywhere. Years back Nirmalan used adnd adventures and I was agitated at all the magic shiny stuff that materialized everywhere. Too much. Glad we don't leave magic weapons lying around everywhere. Maybe I'm just a ... low fantasy sort of guy.

Yeah, I'm more comfortable in low fantasy myself....with a few dashes of medium to high thrown in occasionally.

Funny you should mention TKUTF......

howareyou wrote:
Congrats to everyone. :D we got the job done!

I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure! Loved the story...original, interesting and non-trivial, believable NPCs that are more than storyline props and quest-givers. Though I joined halfway, didn't feel like I missed out alot.

Damian really brought back some wonderful memories I had playing this as a boy. Players initiating unconventional even outright weird schemes, and the GM not rejecting it outright but working with players to steer the scheme and the storyline to conclusion. Not being too roll-obsessed but bringing in the dices occasionally when needed. Even fudging or creatively interpreting the die-rolls to move the story forward. (Disclaimer: Ok I don't know if Damian fudged any rolls, but yeah not letting rolls kill the adventure.. This is the sort of GMing I kinda like...)

I think Damian tries very hard to keep the story moving and to not let your players down. Thank you Damian! Greatly appreciate you!

Felt slow moving at some points. But I totally get it that this is part of PBP games. I understand about the demands of real life. Can identify with some of us in periods when real life gets so wacky I just can't get to the game to even respond with a one liner.

I would love to continue with Ak'kulula. And yes I will continue to invite people here. I've nothing to moan about GM - you have been terrific. :)

There was no roll fudging......some slightly liberal interpretation of results perhaps.... :)

Yeah, I had a few stupidly busy weeks in the past six months myself as you probably noticed. :)

drb1004 wrote:

I didn't get to meet my ( step-)daughter until she was already in double figures, she's twenty soon.....I am so old...., so you have a little jealously mixed in with my happiness for you.....though the lack of sleep on your part I can't really say I'd miss.

Dreadnought wrote:
I have been trying to get back into it, but while my energy levels (health related) have improved to the point I thought I could participate, I just couldn't catch up.

If it continued, and I could sort of start over, I would try to do better.

And you would be most welcome, good sir.

Hellbrandt wrote:
Thanks chaps, and especially Damian for running this game.

This was my first PBM game and I really didn't know what to expect. It's certainly a different experience than a face to face or online game, more time to think, more time to read the details, but also more time to lose track of where things are up to. There were plenty of moments I enjoyed - Damian's narrative and handling of multiple characters, NPC's and the various threads; there were also things that I found frustrating - mostly due to the non-interactive nature of the medium and the slow pace. There were times when I couldn't visit the page daily, and when I did things had moved on, schemes had developed and I felt I was losing track of where the game was up to. Then there were times when I did visit daily and nothing was happening.

I would say that I enjoyed the earlier stages of the game more, the initial character development and establishing relationships. The middle section in the village and dealing with the Mother of Moons was also interesting, but it felt like the exciting parts of the game were moving slowly. I found the battle against MoM to be confusing and difficult to follow. Finally I would say that I enjoyed the last village section least of all; there were long periods of pondering and discussing, backwards and forwards, and I struggled for motivation (me, not Mthunzi), because it felt to me like defeating MoM was the climax of the adventure.

I appreciate all the effort everyone has made contributing to this game, but I don't think it's for me, and so will be retiring Mthunzi. I hope you all go on to great adventures with your characters and enjoy many more games with Damian.

Cheers

Hellbrandt

No worries, I was glad to have you! PbP isn't for everyone and I did drop the ball a couple of times on this one so I can totally see where your coming from. Thanks for playing! :)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Oh. Everyone whose staying goes up to Rank 2.

:)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 105  Next