Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:11 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Ak'kulula looks at Ammu, his dark almond-shaped eyes delving deep into the older man's soul. "There's a purpose for everything that exists. For the Great Spirit, who creates and sustains all things, and sets them in their course, is one of surpassing vision and benign purpose."

Bowing low before Ammu, the lad continues. "My years are yet few compared to you Honored Sir, and this journey with you has already shown me that there's much to be fearful of in the world. But I believe none of these are a surprise to the Great Spirit, but that He has a plan for every eventuality."

Ak'kulula raises his hands before him and looks at them for a moment. "As for me, I have His gifts, everything that I need to accomplish His purpose for me." He looks up at the older Mystic again. "This is the reason for my peace Honored Sir."

"Perfect peace I do not yet have. It shall be a lifelong journey to find it. But I have resolved to live everyday thankful for what I have, and eagerly seeking the perfect peace at the end of this path that is my life."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:54 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
WodenKrait wrote:
Ammu confides in Ak'kulula as the party walks.

"I sense we are alike you and me, son. But just between us, I have many fears. This experience has shaken me and I am not calm and at peace like I should be, but you seem unperturbed. My teacher told me I was on a path that leads to serenity, but how long is the path? What do you know that I don't?"

howareyou wrote:
Ak'kulula looks at Ammu, his dark almond-shaped eyes delving deep into the older man's soul. "There's a purpose for everything that exists. For the Great Spirit, who creates and sustains all things, and sets them in their course, is one of surpassing vision and benign purpose."

Bowing low before Ammu, the lad continues. "My years are yet few compared to you Honored Sir, and this journey with you has already shown me that there's much to be fearful of in the world. But I believe none of these are a surprise to the Great Spirit, but that He has a plan for every eventuality."

Ak'kulula raises his hands before him and looks at them for a moment. "As for me, I have His gifts, everything that I need to accomplish His purpose for me." He looks up at the older Mystic again. "This is the reason for my peace Honored Sir."

"Perfect peace I do not yet have. It shall be a lifelong journey to find it. But I have resolved to live everyday thankful for what I have, and eagerly seeking the perfect peace at the end of this path that is my life."

With those words Ak'kulula departed, he first visited Aunt Nansis dwelling but, as had been the case in times before, she was not home and the way into her grotto was closed to him....shrugging he climbed up into the jungle and went to the territory of his people where there was great sorrow.

Mʔnme had died protecting her child from one of the shadow beasts, Ak'kulula knew her as a gruff but kind aunt and a powerful old female. He joined the others and shared what he was able to of the adventure he had had.

Juum, Grandfather, was pleased the shadow beasts were no more but he urged Ak'kulula to join with the thin-necks again and help them take back their people from the usurpers as he had done when Koubʔas troop had tried to take territory from his people three monsoons ago.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:04 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
"Your coming is as welcome as summer rain! Come and go as you please and always feel welcome!"

Kuublu helped Kgosi Olmar from the cavern and into the misty morning, the rain was now light and no longer did the wind howl and the thunder crash overhead.

Pulgil, Ammu, Chiemeka and Mthunzi waved goodbye to the young Ak'kulula and also saw to it that the three other men left headed away from Iintombi Intlambo. The two men dressed in barkcloth accompanied them but needed help to walk as they descended.

Eventually they arrived at the other side of the river across from the town, from their vantage point they could see the old man and his bird still manning the pallisade and the bridge appeared much safer now that the waters had resided a little....

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Damian May wrote:
Mʔnme had died protecting her child from one of the shadow beasts, Ak'kulula knew her as a gruff but kind aunt and a powerful old female. He joined the others and shared what he was able to of the adventure he had had.

Juum, Grandfather, was pleased the shadow beasts were no more but he urged Ak'kulula to join with the thin-necks again and help them take back their people from the usurpers as he had done when Koubʔas troop had tried to take territory from his people three monsoons ago.

Ak'kulula grieves with his people for a short time as they remember their dead and celebrate their life purposes fulfilled. Then, committing their dead to the earth, back to the Great Spirit from whence they all came from, the Great Apes make their final farewells.

OOC - GM can I just assume that Ak'kulula is able to heal up completely after resting for a single day by repeatedly casting Rays of the Morning (Mystic spell Invigorate)?
He then rests for a day, drawing on the power of the morning to mend his torn flesh, replenish his lost blood, and restore his body.

At dawn the following morning, Ak'kulula seeks out the Grandfather Juum. He bows low before the ancient Great Ape, touching his forehead to the ground before him. "I'll do as you bid Grandfather. For I sense the Great Spirit saying the same to me. My life purpose lies with these Thin-Necks somehow..."

Bidding farewell to his people, the only family he knows, Ak'kulula disappears into the thick undergrowth, rapidly making his way to the village the Prince Kubluu had called Iintombi Intlambo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:30 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:

Ak'kulula grieves with his people for a short time as they remember their dead and celebrate their life purposes fulfilled. Then, committing their dead to the earth, back to the Great Spirit from whence they all came from, the Great Apes make their final farewells.

OOC - GM can I just assume that Ak'kulula is able to heal up completely after resting for a single day by repeatedly casting Rays of the Morning (Mystic spell Invigorate)?
He then rests for a day, drawing on the power of the morning to mend his torn flesh, replenish his lost blood, and restore his body.

At dawn the following morning, Ak'kulula seeks out the Grandfather Juum. He bows low before the ancient Great Ape, touching his forehead to the ground before him. "I'll do as you bid Grandfather. For I sense the Great Spirit saying the same to me. My life purpose lies with these Thin-Necks somehow..."

Bidding farewell to his people, the only family he knows, Ak'kulula disappears into the thick undergrowth, rapidly making his way to the village the Prince Kubluu had called Iintombi Intlambo.

OOC: Ok. I'll pop you on hold for a day and then join you up with the others once 24 hrs has passed for them.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:35 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu is happy to see his donkey is uninjured and nuzzles against those attending it.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:24 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ammu walks in quiet contemplation. To anybody who cares to watch him, it is clear he is battling with inner doubts and fears.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:38 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu tells the others that he had sent off a messenger to report that he would be handling Malim, and just to notify them that it is 'taken care of'. He does not expect much more than a few scouts at best if any help is to arrive. He did want to resolve it himself but then this issue with the mother of moons came about. Perhaps some disinformation and reports of a build up of troops would serve them.

Kuublu greets the old man and asks him for his name. He was in too much of a rush to ask last time. He will present to the old man Kgosi Olmar and ask if he has any food that he can share.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

WodenKrait wrote:
Ammu walks in quiet contemplation. To anybody who cares to watch him, it is clear he is battling with inner doubts and fears.

Kharille wrote:
Kuublu tells the others that he had sent off a messenger to report that he would be handling Malim, and just to notify them that it is 'taken care of'. He does not expect much more than a few scouts at best if any help is to arrive. He did want to resolve it himself but then this issue with the mother of moons came about. Perhaps some disinformation and reports of a build up of troops would serve them.

Kuublu greets the old man and asks him for his name. He was in too much of a rush to ask last time. He will present to the old man Kgosi Olmar and ask if he has any food that he can share.

The old mans eyes lit up as the group emerged from the woods but stayed within the morning shadows of the trees, " Old Bol, mighty prince. Oh.....you are back, boss!"

" For the best I think, that relation of yours has been using up all the drink and food and I don't think his men are overly housebroken....I haven't seen much from here but they were singing most the night."

He leaned over and whispered something to the parrot on his shoulder and seemed to get a reply.

" Theres men posted inside the gates....they're mostly drunk but they're there. Two at this one and four at the main gate and a few outside the big house."

Mthunzi's practiced eye sees a few options for getting over the pallisade without going through the gate but he doesn't overly fancy all of them making it over without someone, friend or foe, seeing them. He's confident he could do it himself as long as the sun stays low anyway.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:01 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemka comes by Kuublu's side and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Your Highness, you know I will assist you in whatever has to be done, but I must warn you that my powers are greatly diminished after the fight with the Mother of Moons, and I am no fighter. I don't know how much help I will be in this fight. I am ready, though, to do what I can."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next