Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:22 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"Well, it seems the grey liquid is safe to touch. Perhaps even bathe in."

Kuublu dips his pinky from his non spear arm in the grey liquid. If he's not melting, he'll smear it around, then start to bathe in it.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
howareyou wrote:
He removes the circlet from his head and holds it in his hands, glancing from it to the barrier of light, to the two springs. He turns to look at Pulgil. "Chieftain's Daughter. What of the silver bowl you picked up? From the Hall of Winds? One of these two items might prove to be the key to unlocking this mystery..."

"Well, the purple liquid is corrosive, and the grey seems safe... I could try to draw some of the purple liquid into the bowl and see if that changes its nature? Yes. I shall try this."

Pulgil does so - carefully, trying very hard to avoid touching the liquid until it is in the bowl. Once it is, she will test it with the very tip of the little finger of her left hand.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:03 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
"Well, it seems the grey liquid is safe to touch. Perhaps even bathe in."

Kuublu dips his pinky from his non spear arm in the grey liquid. If he's not melting, he'll smear it around, then start to bathe in it.

Kuublu splashes the grey liquid over himself, with seemingly no effect until some of it finds its way inside his mouth and eyes; suddenly the young prince stiffens and the others see a transformation overcome him. His flesh grows grey and rough, and it seems to them that he has been turned to stone.

But yet he moves, he feels very heavy and lumbering in his stony form but doesn't seem to be suffering any other ill effects.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:05 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Dreadnought wrote:
howareyou wrote:
He removes the circlet from his head and holds it in his hands, glancing from it to the barrier of light, to the two springs. He turns to look at Pulgil. "Chieftain's Daughter. What of the silver bowl you picked up? From the Hall of Winds? One of these two items might prove to be the key to unlocking this mystery..."

"Well, the purple liquid is corrosive, and the grey seems safe... I could try to draw some of the purple liquid into the bowl and see if that changes its nature? Yes. I shall try this."

Pulgil does so - carefully, trying very hard to avoid touching the liquid until it is in the bowl. Once it is, she will test it with the very tip of the little finger of her left hand.

As Pulgil manages to get the purple liquid into the silver bowl it changes in colour to a soft mauve, when she hesitantly dips her finger in it feels like nothing more than cool water.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:42 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu looks in horror. He's half expecting that he'll start to dissolve.

"Perhaps this is the will of the ancestors?!?!?"

He calms himself after a while. "I hope that it can be cured. Chiemeka, do you have any insights on this?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:28 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Kubluu's fantastic, and somewhat frightening, transformation takes Ak'kulula by surprise. He walks up to touch and examine the Prince's skin that had turned rough and taken on a greyish pall. He turns his magically-enhanced sight onto both the Prince and the Chieftain's Daughter.

OOC - Both should appear enchanted...do they?

Ok so the purple light is probably dangerous in some manner...but the effect is probably not direct. Perhaps it imparts some quality that handicaps the person in some way.
Probably what Pulgil touched could be the key to get through the purple light unscathed...I think.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:24 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

howareyou wrote:
Kubluu's fantastic, and somewhat frightening, transformation takes Ak'kulula by surprise. He walks up to touch and examine the Prince's skin that had turned rough and taken on a greyish pall. He turns his magically-enhanced sight onto both the Prince and the Chieftain's Daughter.

OOC - Both should appear enchanted...do they?

Ok so the purple light is probably dangerous in some manner...but the effect is probably not direct. Perhaps it imparts some quality that handicaps the person in some way.
Probably what Pulgil touched could be the key to get through the purple light unscathed...I think.

OOC: Only Kuublu appears enchanted at the moment. Pulgil only touched the liquid.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:01 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu points out the enchantment happened when he ingested the fluid. He is quite paranoid about the corrosive liquid, since he was gifted with the vision of the future earlier.

"I may die if that substance touches me. Hurl a little through the passageway and then I will pass through it."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:26 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
Kuublu points out the enchantment happened when he ingested the fluid. He is quite paranoid about the corrosive liquid, since he was gifted with the vision of the future earlier.

"I may die if that substance touches me. Hurl a little through the passageway and then I will pass through it."

Kuublu seemed to think he had figured things out and taking the bowl from Pulgil threw the contents through the barrier then followed behind.

As Kuublu disappeared through the barrier, he cried out in fright as strange disquieting feelings crept over him and terrible whispering thoughts brushed against his mind, when he emerged he was quite shaken and had to lean against the wall for a bit.

OOC:
12:22, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 7 using 2d10. Barrier.

Until Kuublu leaves the tomb, his Attack score is decreased by 1 point and his Defence score increases by 1. Also,any time the party encounter a monster, he has a 25% chance of being so overwhelmed by his fear that he will merely cower with his hands over his head until the monster has been slain or driven off.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:44 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu is overwhelmed with fear. The dungeon is breaking down his mental reserves. Disfigured by the grey potion, and now by an overwhelming fear. He has no understanding of bad medicine. He tries to reassure the others that he is fine but he finds himself clinging to his shield for reassurance for a while.

"Perhaps we should not go further?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 54  Next