Dragon Warriors
http://www.libraryofhiabuor.net/forum/

To the Seat of Oublu.
http://www.libraryofhiabuor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=395
Page 56 of 85

Author:  Damian May [ Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

Firestar76 wrote:
"Hail good gorilla, Sir! I am Uruka not man filth. May I ask who do you serve? Why is this a cursed place? Can we help?" Uruka asks.


The huge ape stood up from where it sat and knuckled forward, " You should know the Masters name before you step in his house.....it would be bad for you not to know it."

The gorilla began side shuffling out into the jungle, " Your all going to die anyway...goodbye."

Author:  Kharille [ Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

".... Pray tell us the name of your Master!!!"

Author:  Ultstadt [ Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

”Kalama.” Jaafan said gently, ”This is his fortress after all.”

Jaafan looked to the large primate, ”Proud spirit, how did you come to serve the master? Were you always a watchful guardian, or did you discover this place in the same way as we have?” he asked, ensuring that he made no movements that could be consodered threatening or disrespectful.

Author:  Kharille [ Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

Kuublu grins as he recalls the stories....

Author:  Damian May [ Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

The gorilla spoke no further despite their entreaties and was soon lost amid the shadowed trees....

Looking through the gate into the citadel, you see into a long processional avenue lined with the broken ruins of mighty buildings.

Rubble partially blocks the wide walkway, and there are signs of widespread burning.

More bones are scattered in the wreckage, but these may or may not be human.

The citadel is full of shadows in the weak winter sunlight, and high clouds threaten more snow. The wind makes a constant keening as it rushes between the fallen columns. A large seagull flaps away, alarmed by your approach. Your unease builds as you near the main
square.

A black barked tree some twelve paces broad at the base dominates the square. Its bark is carved with geometrical patterns, entwined glyphs, and a script whose like you have never seen. The air is tense with the watchful calm that presages danger.

About the square stand more buildings ravaged by fire and decay, all of the same monolithic construction.

Two structures strike you as especially interesting. The first is a small hexagonal edifice with a domed roof, set atop a large square plinth. The other is a fortress with four massive square towers.

Your eyes catch a movement. Someone was standing at a high window of the fortress, and ducked back as you looked up!

Author:  Kharille [ Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

"Seems there are still inhabitants..."

Kuublu heads towards the Edifice. Is there an entrance?

Author:  drb1004 [ Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

Chiemeka follows Kuublu, nervously looking around for other signs of life...

Author:  Damian May [ Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

Across the main square, north-east of the great tree, stands a hexagonal pavilion atop a flat pyramidal base.

There must once have been a statue above the pavilion, for the rubble scattered about this edifice has been carefully worked.

Ascending the worn steps, you see the broken feet of this statue still flank the pavilion. The door ahead of you is decorated with a grinning simian skull above a crescent moon. To either side of the door stands the white stone statue of a male gorilla. The apes sit upright on their haunches higher than a man’s shoulder, and their stone gums are bared to display wicked fangs.

Author:  Kharille [ Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

Kuublu looks at the entrance. Is there any obvious mechanism by which it can be opened?

Author:  Damian May [ Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To the Seat of Oublu.

Kharille wrote:
Kuublu looks at the entrance. Is there any obvious mechanism by which it can be opened?


It bears no locks or latches that you can see from here, it may well just swing in if pushed.

Page 56 of 85 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/