Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 85  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:50 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1705
Profession: Barbarian
Time to go. We'll follow until we run out of daylight. Just before sun down we'll try to find a suitable concealed position, and hope we don't get eaten.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1832
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
The trio readied themselves once more and set off into the thick grasslands....

They walked for hours following the trail but finding no more bodies, eventually it began to grow dark. The grass was now too high for them to be able to see if they were nearing the forest but looking directly up allowed them to roughly orientate themselves with the suns passage and now the stars.

Loud coughing roars echoed across the grasslands along with the trumpeting of elephants somewhere nearby but all around them nothing could be seen but the huge stalks of grasses. Light was almost completely gone now except for starlight above....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1705
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu considers a different life, he always wanted to be a sapper, that way he could've secured a location, concealed with defensive structures that would keep them safe. As it is, they'll do without fire and he'll stand guard for half the night.

OOC: Someone volunteer to stand guard after?

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:51 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1832
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
As Kuublu stood watch nothing approached the camp though he did spot movement through the grass somewhat close whatever it was did not approach him or his sleeping companions directly....in the early hours of the morning he headed over to wake one of the others.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 385
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka can take second watch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1832
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kuublu retired to sleep and Chiemeka took up the watch, as the hours strtched towards dawn he heard a lion cough some scant hundreds of metres away and a group of curious Roan antelope moved through the clearing regarding him with some curiousity before moving on.

As the sun rose again a chorus of grasslands songbirds woke the others.....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1705
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu gets up and has breakfast. Will proceed through the forest, follow the trail...

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1832
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Breaking their fast the trio made the next few hours trek through the grassland, and eventually came within sight of the Forest of Storms.

Image

Stepping beneath the trees the sun was immediately muted and reduced to a trickle of individual sunbeams struggling through the thick foliage above.

A small group of duiker scattered before them through the undergrowth, and colourful parrots shrieked and chattered above. The trail became harder to follow but the sheer numbers involved meant that a footprint could always be found.

As the trio marched on the air became cloying and sticky, an hour beneath the trees and the humidity only grew...strange to Chiemeka who was used to the forest being cooler than open country...

It takes the men a while to determine what is different and then Chiemeka notes that there are no monkeys, usually in the jungle there would be large numbers of the chattering and screaming creatures noting the parties intrusion.

Instead above are large flocks of bright green birds which jump and flit from branch to branch above keeping pace silently with the three men below.

Suddenly Kuublu calls a halt, ahead are two massive forms stripping fruit and vegetation from nearby trees, at first the grey brown colour and the massive size makes the men believe they are forest elephants but then one of them turns side on and they realise their mistake.

Image

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1705
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu slinks to some cover. Instead of watching those birds he'll... busy himself chewing on some leaves and looking as though hes vegetarian....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:14 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 410
Profession: Warlock
Uruka hides, readying his sword and shield.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 85  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group