Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:59 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 89  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:21 pm 
Online
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 428
Profession: Warlock
“Ah I see, do you wish to test skill at arms or in magical arts since you desire a test? I descend from a long line of warriors who fought against evil. Of course I know of the temple. My parents wanted to cleanse it but died before they could do so. They passsd me our family heirlooms which will help me in if. There are very few things that can stand against my egun-egun,” Ikanso says, drawing his morning star and with a flourish, strikes it against the ground.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:27 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 376
Profession: Knight
"We need to test your ọkàn, rather than any display of prowess. Now, how can we judge whether you are true and worthy to take our friend Uruka's place?"



OOC (ọkàn = soul / spirit)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:55 am 
Online
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1719
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu looks around for some elevated, stable place to seat himself whilst he watches the proceedings....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:53 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 376
Profession: Knight
"How do you think you will prove yourself, Ikanso? How can you prove that you are true like good Uruka?"

Chastu paces back and forth, getting the measure of this man who has appeared.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm 
Online
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 428
Profession: Warlock
“I have no idea who Uruka is but with my might I have tamed wild beasts and put many evil men to death,” Ikanso says


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:12 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 376
Profession: Knight
"Kuublu has but told you who he is. You yourself said that you would want to befriend such a man. Yet now, you tell us that you have not heard of him. Are you accursed, that your memory is so short?"

Chastu continues pacing. Ikansu seems to have just come out of the wilds, and something doesn't ring true with him. Taking a man who bursts from the forest at his own word, that doesn't ring true.

"Prince Kuublu! How are we to tell if this man is true? I will put him to a test of arms, but for his heart? I think that Uruka will send us a sign if we are being played rightly."

Chastu draws his sword. "Come, Ikanso, spar with me. You can tell a lot about a man when he has the heat of battle around him."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:43 am 
Online
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1719
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu nods. Although he is inclined to see good in all, Chastu is making an effort to sound out this newcomer. Always good to see people strive, and he believes Uruka would approve too.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:02 am 
Online
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 428
Profession: Warlock
“Well I haven’t met him have I?” Ikanso says.

"Well I love a good fight but let us have some rules. No point we end up killing each other. Or I injure you and have to spend energy I can use against evil healing you."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:17 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 376
Profession: Knight
"That is the nature of sparring, Ikanso. I would say that we use the flat of our blades, but your weapon has no blade, so that would not be good. Rather than use sticks, let our sport be wrestling. Are you in agreement?
"Kuublu, does this meet with your approval?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 pm 
Online
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1719
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu nods.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 89  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group