Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:21 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
Alistair repeats his request, louder this time. Keeping an eye on the monk to his left, he raises his dagger towards the nun, ready to throw it if necessary.

[OOC - in this universe, how obvious is Warlock magic? Does it require gestures, or just chanting in Arcane/character's native language?]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 37
Profession: Mystic
If the lady charges, Osric will keep near her but will still keep defensive for now, especially seeing how outnumbered they are in that corner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1375
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily looked at the open door to the balcony, listened to the vague street noise below and decided to be really annoying....part of her mind was desperately trying to get her to pay attention to the sword-point near her throat but she rarely listened to that part....

She began screaming at high volume, " MURDER! MURDER MOST FOUL! HELP! HELP! MURDER! *HIGH PITCHED SCREAMING*"

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:23 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 553
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
DOWNSTAIRS

As Eggdras moves to bar the other door, he can see that on the stove there is a pot of what he thinks is very hot fat (lard or something similar), there's also fuel near the stove.

A scream is heard from upstairs. It's hard to work out what the words are, but just after the scream begins, Monk's on the ground floor start moving forward, and an instant later, the men and women of Ongus who have been called to arms begin to move as well. A battle is breaking out on the ground floor.

The Lady Knight is moving past Osric towards the Monks near the front door. There is an armed Ongus warrior between Osric and the closest threat to his north. If Osric is trying to assess who is most dangerous to him right now, it's probably the Monks nearest the stairs.

UPSTAIRS

Emily has begun her screaming just as Alistair issues his second challenge. The Nun steps back towards the door to the balcony slightly and snaps out the words 'Milady, we have little time. Give me what I ask and there is no need for more bloodshed'.

The woman on the bed says (in Elleslandic with an Albish accent) "We can talk if you let these people go. But I will not..." then gasps in pain. You think the monk standing near her has done something to her - something painful, although not deadly.

Alistair has the best view of the Nun. Your feeling is while she is likely very prepared to do whatever she needs to, she does have some reluctance to stab the girl at her feet.

Simon - the woman you are assessing doesn't seem as seriously wounded as you initially thought, as you lean down near her, she whispers to you in Albish accented Elleslandic, "Tell them I'm dead and if the chance comes, bar the door." There is a short sword lying on the ground near her right hand. You can also see she has a sword and a dagger still scabbarded at her belt.

There are some loud shouts coming from downstairs.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1330
Profession: Barbarian
Eggdras will beckon non combatants to come through. He suggests they arm themselves with flour which should serve to blind if nothing else, and if there is no flour, it doesn't matter. He may bar the door if they're attacked but his inclination is to keep it open and let civilians through. If someone tries to enter armed he will confront them and demand they disarm. Especially open to disarmed, wounded people.

If, for any reason he has to retreat, he may throw the hot fat on the floor, thats assuming he couldn't bar the door first.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 37
Profession: Mystic
Osric advances slowly, keeping slightly behind the Lady and too her left to protect her, keeping an eye on the monks by the stairs but waiting for them to come to him.

Are they attacking? Do they look like they are guarding something... ?

Figuring out the monks, Intelligence: 10: 1d20 17

Osric is far too focussed on the expectation of being imminently stabbed to consider anything else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:37 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1375
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
At the word 'bloodshed' from the 'nun' Emily jammed one of her 'daggers' into the nuns left foot.

Quote:
OOC:

Attack: 14

Stab foot: 1d20 7
ABR: 1d4+1 2

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 629
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
Simon - the woman you are assessing doesn't seem as seriously wounded as you initially thought, as you lean down near her, she whispers to you in Albish accented Elleslandic, "Tell them I'm dead and if the chance comes, bar the door." There is a short sword lying on the ground near her right hand. You can also see she has a sword and a dagger still scabbarded at her belt.

"MURDERERS!" Simon shouts, "She's dead!" Slightly panicked (something he doesn't really have to feign but he is exaggerating), Simon gets to his feet, picking up the shortsword as he does so, saying (well, still shouting) "You'll not do the same to me!" and swinging the sword amateurishly in wide arcs as he backs towards the chair.

As soon as Alistair is clear of the doorway, Simon plans to slam the door shut (and possibly Portal it closed, but he'll make that assessment in the next round - his courage to cast spells with witnesses, regardless of the perilous circumstances, may yet fail him).

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
Quote:
[OOC - in this universe, how obvious is Warlock magic? Does it require gestures, or just chanting in Arcane/character's native language?]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 553
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Acoma wrote:
Quote:
[OOC - in this universe, how obvious is Warlock magic? Does it require gestures, or just chanting in Arcane/character's native language?]


Sorry - missed that before.

It requires speech in the character's native language, and some minor gestures (ie, ones you can do while carrying a sword and shield). If you want to try and cast a spell in a non-obvious way, you can attempt to do that (STEALTH v PERCEPTION rolled by the GM). The spell will nearly always succeed (it would fail on a double 10 on the 2d10 roll S v P roll - 1% chance of failure) even if it is detected.

A few spells (ie, Eyes of Night) have very obvious physical effects that will almost certainly be noticed, of course, even if the spell itself was cast in secret.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group