Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:50 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1283
Profession: Barbarian
Eggdras is having problems taking all this in. A lot happening these days and he's reluctant to kill people 'in the name of the king' unless theres more to it in terms of identification, otherwise he'll fall for it every time....

He grabs another sword before following Osric up.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 35
Profession: Mystic
Quick correction that Osric is still only fighting with his staff the whole combat, but hope that that doesn’t have any effect on the above. He’s still too overwhelmed by the situation to even think of taking a sword, but follows almost as the easiest thing to do at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:56 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1333
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily stood in the balcony doorway, " Right.....and if I let them take me they won't hurt no one else? Not these two and not you or anyone else?"

" Them's some well weird names though. Like sommit out of them stories my sister tells...."


" Honest. I have no idea why anyone would want me but if they've food, clothes and a bed I'd be better off by two thirds."
, she waggled her eyebrows at the lady on the bed....unsure exactly what the wink was meant to convey but willing to go along with it....worst come to worst she could just head up onto the roof....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 549
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
inlebadger wrote:
Quick correction that Osric is still only fighting with his staff the whole combat, but hope that that doesn’t have any effect on the above. He’s still too overwhelmed by the situation to even think of taking a sword, but follows almost as the easiest thing to do at this point.


My mistake - the ABR rolls were a bit generous in that case, but not enough to retcon anything :)

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 35
Profession: Mystic
Osric's mind whirls trying to take in what he is being told, but he runs along with her and he doesn't even look back at the monk who he has just... killed? He hasn't drawn a blade yet. Will that help him if he's got this all wrong?

He tries to get some answers as he follows, while he is addressing Dynis most, he's not sure if she can hear him in the clamour and ahead of him and so turns to Eggdras as he speaks.

"Who are they all? And (to Eggdras) what about those friends of yours? They run up here right afore it all kicked off. (to Dynis) Two lads and a girl. Looked like they knew something."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1283
Profession: Barbarian
"Seen them around, often, but Emily sure has the survival instinct! Why don't we find out?"

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 611
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
In the moment everyone's focused on Emily, Simon tries to clear his confusion - he only met the girl this afternoon and yet he felt compelled to protect her when she ran off - and Simon has never considered himself the heroic type. Now he's trapped himself in a room with who-knows-whom for who-knows-why - assuming he survives, Simon will have an epic tale to tell Rowan when he finally gets here... and perhaps that crown the lady promised?

Simon is only dimly aware of Emily's words, instead he continues to explore his thoughts - from where did the impulse to follow Emily come? Was it the sword? Reaching into his mind through the wood and plaster between them since the moment he walked into the Dandy Lion? Simon stares at the grey blade in his hands, and a red glint of reflected flame from the fireplace glistens along its keen edge - did the sword just wink at him? Simon wonders why he's still holding the blade and tries to let go, but his fingers don't respond. Simon doesn't panic, instead the hilt feels warm and yielding in his grip, fitting Simon's hand perfectly. Yes. Simon still needs the blade. The monk is still a threat - he shouldn't let go just yet. Not yet. Definitely not yet.

The thundering rain and the crackling fire seem to form quiet whispers in Simon's brain but the words, he realises, are coming from Emily "... food, clothes and a bed I'd be better off by two thirds."

Snapped out of his reverie, Simon just holds his position and surveys the room - strangely relaxed by the comforting feel of the sword in his hand. He reaches behind him, without turning around, to test the latch on the door - not to go inside, but just enough to see if the door will open. As he reaches around with his right hand, Simon notices, with detatched interest, that he's been holding the sword with his left hand this whole time.

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 549
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
EMILY, ALISTAIR, AND SIMON

As Simon graps the latch on the door behind him he realises this is an extremely solid door - so solid, it could be the door to some sort of strong room.

His feelings about the sword... yes, he does feel drawn somehow to this place, but whether it was the sword that drew him or something else... he cannot tell.

Honeysuckle speaks, "Girl, if you are the one I am looking for, and you choose to come with me, I certainly have no desire to hurt anybody else."

The Lady on the bed has risen and has gone to her fallen companion, "And I will not prevent her going if she truly chooses to, but Honeysuckle, it will certainly be her choice."

She kneels next to the body. "Oh, Berenice, you were too good for this world. I cannot fight on without you. But if you were alive, then I would certainly be about to attack this woman, and I would hope the youngsters would attack the man when I did." Again, the wink she offers is very obvious.

OSRIC AND EGGDRAS

As you climb the stairs, following Dynis, she is answering Osric's question.

"These people are elf-touched - servants of the Faerie. I know that sounds hard to believe, but it is true, I assure you. I can only guess as to why they are, but it's a good guess," she turns at the top of the stairs, and then again and suddenly starts charging down a corridor towards a blue robed figure who stands in front of a window.

You see the Blue Robed Figure take a few steps forward and hurl fire from his hands towards Dynis. MAGIC! It misses her and just for a moment the two of you are worried it will reach where you are, but it falls short.

(Sorry for the delay in posting. Writing applications for a Masters degree and a roleplaying convention over the weekend took more time than I expected. Normal service should now resume.)

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 163
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
Alistair uncertainly readies his sword by his side in response to the woman's wink, and asks Honeysuckle where she wants to take Emily.

[OOC - Damian, what's Alistair's relationship to Emily?]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 35
Profession: Mystic
In spite of how easy it is to just follow orders in the chaos, Osric hesitates. The fae were always good to Notley Manor. And although he’s never seen one clearly by daylight, he struggles to relate what he knows of the fair folk with the cowled monks he’s been brawling with.

When magical fire erupts down the corridor his nerve briefly fails him altogether.

Osric ducks back behind the wall at the top of the stairs and does nothing this round. He looks back down to see if anyone else is coming up behind them and whether the monks they took down are stirring, then quickly peers back down the corridor while
plucking up his courage again.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group