Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:27 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Mystic
Hi Damian, thanks for the invite. Would be more than happy to join one of your forum games. I do
nt have any particular preference so am happy to be be slotted in wherever it fits best for you. Just let me know what i need to do. Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Mystic
Dreadnought wrote:
Markon wrote:
Hi all,
My name is Roger, 42 years old and i live in Northen NSW. I first started playing DW in the late eighties whe my eldest brother brought a copy of the first book home from the school library. This started a love affair with rpg and miniatures. We ended up with all six books and i remember fondly playing most weekens with my siblings as we all took turns at creating campaigns. I havent played any rpg games since then but am interested in playing DW pbem/online if that is possible. This also happens to be my first post on a forum so apologies i i make some mistakes.

Hi Roger,

Welcome.

I run an online Dragon Warriors campaign once every fourth Saturday evening (Australian east coast time) and we could accomodate one more player - we've had a couple who had to drop out. We play online on the Roll20 platform - http://app.roll20.net

Hi Dreadnought, thanks for the invite. I had a quick look the roll20 site and it looks awesome. I will consider your invite as i would really like to see how it works in practice. My biggest concern is not being able to commit to a Saturday night every four weeks, i wouldn't like to join and then have to pull out because I couldn't manage it.
cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:38 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Markon wrote:
Hi Damian, thanks for the invite. Would be more than happy to join one of your forum games. I do
nt have any particular preference so am happy to be be slotted in wherever it fits best for you. Just let me know what i need to do. Cheers.

Glissom: Dark Heritage. http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52278&date=1421106831

Fury of the Deep. http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=56855&date=1421002242

I'm happy to take new players if anyones interested; for Fury of the Deep because of the current location of the companions you would need to take over a current NPC though.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:22 am 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Ahnirades wrote:
Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm 43 and not Australian. Born and lived in Ongus for most of my life. Journeyed north to marry a wise-woman a few years back and am now living in the westernmost part of Aldred's fief. Looking forward to joining in!

Welcome, Andrew! Speaking of Baron Aldred's fief, has anyone ever noticed that it's huge? Just the "westernmost lands" seem to be larger than a few English counties combined.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Warlock
Well hello there,

I'm Joakim from Sweden. I've been a member of the DW list for several years and first bought the game while visiting London at the end of the 1980's. In Sweden all RPGs came boxed, so a pocket edition was something out of the ordinary! Probably I thought it was a set of solo adventure books when I decided to buy it. I played it with my friends, but not much. I was more fond of gamemastering horror games in those days. And then I had a long break from RPGs due to studies, other interests, moving, family etc, etc, but since maybe ten to twelve years back I'm both gamemastering DW as well as playing it online with Shaun (Dreadnought). Sometimes I play it with my kids and their friends (5-10 years old) - not the easiest thing I can assure you! But in the end, worth it, as I see them play with it in their own ways when the adventure is finished.

Other than that, well, I'm 41 years old and work as a theater pedagogue at the local Culture School, teaching drama to "kids" between 6 and 25 years old. I sometimes act myself but I prefer doing it via RPGs these days.

Oh, and I also write gaming reviews in the Swedish game magazine Fenix. A great way of trying out new games!

Nice to be a member of this Forum! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 pm 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Knight
Hello Everybody!!

Rumtap is back!!!

Sorry for the extended absence but sadly sometimes life gets in the way of role-play.
Those that remember me from the old forums and email games will know I’ve loved this game from the very beginning and enjoy contributing to the many, many discussions we have about this game.

I’m very happy to see the Players book is alive! I was one of the play testers for the new professions and the changes to elementalist. I was happy to see a number of my suggestions included in the final version and was very happy that I had a chance to be a part of it. (If you don’t like the elemental power changes you can blame me)
I haven’t had a change to read it all yet but when I do I’ll post my thoughts on here.

Hope you are all well and I look forward to many more discussions with you.

Patrick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Priest
Hello, nice forum

I am happy to see DW back in action.

Just made a big purchase of the new books so I can retire my old Corgis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:15 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Thane
Hi all. I'm from Adelaide Australia. Played in the 80s and had all six of the books. Always loved the flavour of the creative work and the fast-play rules. Have fleshed out a fair bit of campaign material over the years.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Been lurking for a while. Great to see the DW community keep on going on! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:52 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Knave
Corgi paper-back veteran reporting for duty.

Ahhh surrounded by like minded individuals united in the spirit of adventure. Feels like returning home after a long and bruising campaign on the front lines.

Drink deep in your cups and tell me the tales you carry etched into your scars.

Greetings to all

Marn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next