Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:10 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:05 pm
Posts: 19
Profession: Knight
My name is Asen. I know, totally original screen name I chose here.
I'm 34 and live in Bulgaria. English isn't my native, or even second language, so I apologise in advance in case I get something wrong. That said, I don't really expect that to happen a lot.

My first exposure to Legend was via the Bloodsword gamebooks. I actually started playing RPGs soon after reading them.
Admittedly, that was more of a coincidence, but it was a good coincidence nonetheless. I've always liked more folkloric settings. In fact, Legend seemed too gaming-influenced until I started reading what Dave Morris is saying on his blog.
That was a Legend I could get behind.

What else? Well, who cares about my real life situations, we skip that... Gaming-wise, I'm a self-proclaimed pig. This means I'm ready to try almost anything once. Some games never get a second chance, others get more play time. I've been playing for 16 years now, most of this time I've been running games as well. I prefer an improvisational style of GMing, colloquially known as "making it up on the spot" or "Lazy GMing". In general, it means I don't really use, or even read, adventures.

I've got a group I run games for, and supplement that with being an active denizen of a play-by-post forum which I'm not going to name, but its initials are MW :mrgreen: . I might run a DW game there, too, because I'm in the mood to try something new.
I'm also planning to run DW on the most regular "gaming convention" in Bulgaria (I helped organizing it, so I'm more or less one of the regular GMs there). Given all of that, I decided it's a good moment to register for this forum here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:44 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:43 pm
Posts: 17
Profession: Knave
Welcome aboard, Asen :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:21 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:05 pm
Posts: 19
Profession: Knight
Thank you, Marn!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:16 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 575
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
AsenRG wrote:
I've got a group I run games for, and supplement that with being an active denizen of a play-by-post forum which I'm not going to name, but its initials are MW :mrgreen: . I might run a DW game there, too, because I'm in the mood to try something new.
I'm also planning to run DW on the most regular "gaming convention" in Bulgaria (I helped organizing it, so I'm more or less one of the regular GMs there). Given all of that, I decided it's a good moment to register for this forum here!


Welcome!

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:51 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:05 pm
Posts: 19
Profession: Knight
Dreadnought wrote:
AsenRG wrote:
I've got a group I run games for, and supplement that with being an active denizen of a play-by-post forum which I'm not going to name, but its initials are MW :mrgreen: . I might run a DW game there, too, because I'm in the mood to try something new.
I'm also planning to run DW on the most regular "gaming convention" in Bulgaria (I helped organizing it, so I'm more or less one of the regular GMs there). Given all of that, I decided it's a good moment to register for this forum here!


Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:05 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 4
Profession: Thane
Hello to all !

My name is Pietro and i am from Italy.
Until now, I didn't know that the Bloodsword gamebooks that I played when i was a kid were part of a full-fledged RPG system ( well, I didn't actually know about Dragon Warriors at all :oops: ).

So far i bought the electronic format of the Player's Guide, very nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:32 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1601
Profession: Barbarian
Glad to have you with us!

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:40 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 575
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
darksun wrote:
Hello to all !

My name is Pietro and i am from Italy.
Until now, I didn't know that the Bloodsword gamebooks that I played when i was a kid were part of a full-fledged RPG system ( well, I didn't actually know about Dragon Warriors at all :oops: ).

So far i bought the electronic format of the Player's Guide, very nice.


Welcome, Pietro!

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:13 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:15 pm
Posts: 4
Profession: Thane
Thank you to all for the welcome ! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:57 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Hello!

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group