Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:48 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
I think we're probably best off thinking that centaurs are so heavily muscled that they dont really develop mammary tissue unless they're actually nursing. like chimps......or their dugs are under the body so they can nurse without having to kneel.

Or they're all male and breed with horses or Nomad women...neither of which can survive the birth...not sure how the young survive in that case.

I'm likely to go with paragraph 1 cos its less squicky.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:49 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Anyway....more chat about the little things you liked...bits your going to incorporate straight away etc.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:22 am 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Mystic
I'll be able to say more when I read more of the book (which will be much facilitated by receiving a physical copy!), but even though I'm unlikely to run a campaign in Legend, "MAGIC AND SOCIETY IN THE LANDS OF LEGEND" is a great read and I'm sure that parts of it would see use in any DW game I run.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:02 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Quote:
but even though I'm unlikely to run a campaign in Legend, "MAGIC AND SOCIETY IN THE LANDS OF LEGEND" is a great read and I'm sure that parts of it would see use in any DW game I run.

+1

I'm also digging the organisations section as I read through it, and the Living in Legend section is good too. It tends to finally put the record straight about certain things that have been a point of debate on this forum and its predecessor over the years, such as gender roles and the church.

I'm in my mind already heavily house-ruling the new professions, which aren't quite perfect for me as written but which are full of great stuff.

Not that I have a game running right now. Sob.

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:27 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Assassin
Loving it so far!

Immediately going to include a Knave and a Priest NPCs in my next game, it came out right at the moment where I was trying to decide whether one of the NPCs was gonna be an assassin, or one of the assassin-derived Thief professions that are floating out there, but in reality making him a Knave (with a bodyguard) is exactly what I was looking for.

And another recurring NPC is most definitely a Priest, even though I stole his concept from the Friend or Foes book.

Possibly gonna have a few hunters mixed in with Knights, for a company of mercenaries that's gonna ambush them.

Knight PC has already decided which extra warrior skills he's going to add, retroactively, to his character, so he's happy to have some cool stuff to add, where as spellcasters always have such an array of spells to use and show off with.

Rules I will probably not implement: Guards, and Secondary skills. Guards because it would break the flow of combat I think, and skills, only will add them if requested. Oh and horse rules, too late to add them mid-campaign I suppose, and also too much complexity for an already-complex game (our game sessions are pretty short due to everyone's schedules; everything needs to be fast and furious, no relation to any hollywood endeavours intended).

Social chapters, organizations, etc are awesome, I'll need to read them more in-depth, they're definitely adding a lot of flavor and non-Ellesland material to an already awesome campaign world. Also coming just at the right moment, where the party finally left Ellesland for Ferromaine and all the intrigue going on there, and with the New Selentine Empire, and the Crusades.

Good stuff!

Narmox.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Maybe Bretwald can do something more now... wonder how this might affect some of the existing adventures.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
The Players Guide has now reached the copper Best Seller level on DriveThru. Still no reviews posted. I've seen some posts here that by themselves would probably make good reviews.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:23 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
I was intending to complete my reading of the Organisations section before posting a review. Nearly there.

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:52 pm 
Serpent King Games Representative
Serpent King Games Representative

Profession: Barbarian
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. :) Really glad the book is being generally well-received.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:25 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Knave
Just my luck! I turn my back for a few weeks and I miss all the fun of the launch... hiccups, misunderstandings and all.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see the PG finally out in the wild. :D

Long story short, all the long years of metaphorical and literal blood, sweat and tears were well worth it. What could easily have never seen the light of day is now manifest, and given that rollercoaster of a backstory I reckon the PG is already a resounding success.

Oh, and remember...

"Don't miss, next time on Dragon Warriors: the Cool Extra Stuff."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next