Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:38 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
I think in light of the fact that none of us can recall who is the admin for the Wiki it might be an idea to have the info on it saved to another site cos theres a non-zero chance it could all just disappear.

I for one would be happy to, for instance, collate all my 1000 Islands info with other peoples info on Yamoto, Khitai etc. into a fan pdf detailing Eastern Legend.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
I think in light of the fact that none of us can recall who is the admin for the Wiki it might be an idea to have the info on it saved to another site cos theres a non-zero chance it could all just disappear.

I for one would be happy to, for instance, collate all my 1000 Islands info with other peoples info on Yamoto, Khitai etc. into a fan pdf detailing Eastern Legend.

If we want a Wiki, I do have the facility to host one on this site. But I would only want to do that if

(A) we've really tried to locate the 'owner' of the original (a search through the Yahoogroups archive might help with that)
(B) other people decide they want one, because while I would host it, and might even contribute to it, I doubt I'd be that active on it (who can say, though).
(C) Nobody else wants to do it - I am conscious of concentrating too much on one fan site and we already have the forum here.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:11 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Dreadnought wrote:
Damian May wrote:

If we want a Wiki, I do have the facility to host one on this site. But I would only want to do that if

(A) we've really tried to locate the 'owner' of the original (a search through the Yahoogroups archive might help with that)
(B) other people decide they want one, because while I would host it, and might even contribute to it, I doubt I'd be that active on it (who can say, though).
(C) Nobody else wants to do it - I am conscious of concentrating too much on one fan site and we already have the forum here.

I must admit I've drifted away from all the upkeep I used to do on the wiki since folks stopped adding new stuff.

I'd much rather write my stuff and post it on hiabour as a polished document these days....must be getting old...:)

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:30 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:

I'd be up for that - feel free to take any of the maps of Yamato from the Cobwebbed Forest that you'd like to include (with appropriate acknowledgement, of course ;)). I'd even be happy to create additional maps (in the same style) if you wanted, too.

Dreadnought wrote:

I'm with Damian in that I'd rather write up my material and publish it myself rather than wrestle with the Wiki (which no longer lets me login anyway :( ).

As for hosting the Wiki, I'd be happy with it here (as anywhere) but could also create a Wiki in the Cobwebbed Forest, too if you were concerned about eggs and baskets. I'm happy to go with the flow of prevailing opinion on this - I don't mind the work involved in setting one up and maintaining it, although I suspect the effort would be minimal given how few updates there have been to the existing one.

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:49 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

I'd be up for that - feel free to take any of the maps of Yamato from the Cobwebbed Forest that you'd like to include (with appropriate acknowledgement, of course ;)). I'd even be happy to create additional maps (in the same style) if you wanted, too.

Link to doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iwI ... sp=sharing

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:53 am 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Knight
I just started getting into the wiki and adding stuff just at the time it came to a halt...

so maybe it's my fault! I'm cursed!!

But I would be happy to see it revived in some fashion. Either here or elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:43 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Getting back the the Players Guide, it's a great book and I'm glad I've finally got a hard copy to complete my current DW collection. I'll post some more thoughts here (and on Cadaver Draconis) once I've had a good read. Well done to everyone involved! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:24 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

greyarea13 wrote:
Getting back the the Players Guide, it's a great book and I'm glad I've finally got a hard copy to complete my current DW collection. I'll post some more thoughts here (and on Cadaver Draconis) once I've had a good read. Well done to everyone involved! :-)

Beyond the Pit is awesome! Any more AFF2 stuff coming out?

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Damian May wrote:
Beyond the Pit is awesome! Any more AFF2 stuff coming out?

Thanks! Enjoyed writing it. I submitted a 40K word herbal to Arion Games, featuring all the herbs and fungi (250+) taken from 60 odd Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, but no word yet on what will happen with it. There's a few other people with some cool AFF stuff in development, and I've also just drafted a master list of monsters for Out of the Pit 3, which I may think about tackling soonish.

Getting back to the Players' Guide, I really like the three new professions, the Organizations, Living in Legend, and Magic and Society sections in particular. Some excellent reading there!

Bit miffed I didn't get a shout out for helping to 'edit' it. (Edit in this case meaning printing the whole shebang out (including the excised 'Cadaver Draconis' bits) and carting it down to the Thai islands for a reading session) :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8