Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:25 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Sounds like a lovely...if slightly traumatized chap.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
“I spent my first months in Ta’ashim lands neck deep in the blood of infidels. Twas a grim task, more suited to a butcher than a servant of God. I think I may have gone mad were it not for Friar Julian. He showed me that the duty of a man of the cloth is first to protect God’s people from the dark things that dwell in the shadows. Let the proud sons of Algandy and Chaubrette bathe in Ta’ashim blood… I will draw my blade only against the real demons that lurk in these strange lands.”
—Quillion of Amata, Priest and Knight Capellar.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

“By the third month we had conquered the lands within easy march of Fort Beltanus and the Legatus was pushing us to move inland to suppress the Thulish, a particularly quarrelsome tribe that had murdered every emissary we had sent to them. Seven days out of Fort Beltanus our scouts encountered what we took to be the main settlement in a small valley. We moved to surround the barbarians, executing a perfect manoeuvre from Eriditus’ Fourth Book of War. This was our first mistake.
“The Thulish chieftain was a cunning man; the settlement was nothing but dozens of hastily built huts with fires stoked by old men and cripples. And the valley it rested in? The thrice-cursed place was home to hellish maggots the size of a man’s fist that burrowed into my men’s flesh and devoured them from the inside out. The screams of terror echo in my ears to this day. To call what happened next a retreat would be a lie… we routed badly and fled to the valley mouth with all speed.
“In the mad panic to escape I was borne to the ground and twisted my ankle. Were it not for my loyal Optio, Quintus, I would have died there in that valley. Quintus half-carried me to the valley mouth, risking his own life to save mine. We crested the ridge that separated the valley from the forest below long after the rest of the Cohort… and as it happens we were lucky to do so. Spread out along the ridge I saw the corpses of my remaining men, their bodies riddled with the short javelins favoured by the Thulish.
“I scanned the tree line and spied a single man; bearlike in build and bold of stance. Gold gleamed at the man’s neck and wrists. This was a man of power, the Thulish chieftain, the architect of our doom. The Chieftain’s face split in a wide grin when he saw myself and Quintus. Then he stepped back into the trees and vanished from view. The chieftain and his men had killed nearly five hundred battle-hardened legionnaires without a single casualty. By the time we made it back to Fort Beltanus there was nothing left of it but smouldering timbers and bleached bones. There is no doubt in my mind that this defeat influenced the decision to pull the legions out of Ellesland three years later.”

—Centurion Gaius Tremonius, 7th Legion, 1st Cohort, Selentine Empire. Excerpt from his campaign diary.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

“Sorry lad, you’ll have to speak up. Haven’t been able to hear a thing since i got kicked in the head by his lordships nag. Whats that? How long? Since I was your age. Lost these fingers in Chaubrette, the nose went in Cornumbria… knee hasn’t worked right since Ereworn. I still get about though. So, you looking to join up?”
- Tom Black, Pikeman in the Kings Regiment.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:29 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Dreadnought wrote:
“Sorry lad, you’ll have to speak up. Haven’t been able to hear a thing since i got kicked in the head by his lordships nag. Whats that? How long? Since I was your age. Lost these fingers in Chaubrette, the nose went in Cornumbria… knee hasn’t worked right since Ereworn. I still get about though. So, you looking to join up?”
- Tom Black, Pikeman in the Kings Regiment.

Oh, Yes.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:28 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Excellent sales and marketing guy... He must've been a merchant....

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:34 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Actually I still can't make head or tails of this post.

I do enjoy the various character introductions though. Tantalizing as to the personality and background. Love it!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

howareyou wrote:
Actually I still can't make head or tails of this post.

I do enjoy the various character introductions though. Tantalizing as to the personality and background. Love it!

These little snippets are taken from Cadaver Draconis, an unofficial and free supplement to Dragon Warriors largely based on material that was written for the original incarnation of what became the Dragon Warrriors Players Guide. While the guide was being written, things changed direction, but we thought a lot of the already written material was good enough to make available anyway.

The main core of Cadaver Draconis is to give people variations on the standard DW professions. We wrote some flavour text to go with each of these variations, and that's what these are.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Dreadnought wrote:
“Shhh... big woman crocodile here... you can see the slide. There... stay still... no sudden movements... OK, we are past now. You must stay quiet now though. On the bank there are tracks of Crocodiles-Who-Walk-As-Men. We do not want to meet them today.”
—Gullway Mapatu, wondering if the gold the foreigners gave him is worth his life…

So Big-Crocodile-Who-Walk-As-Woman not a PC option then? 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:59 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Dreadnought wrote:
“Aye, I spread the word of Gatanades among the unfortunates of the northern coast. It appeared that someone had been there before me, when I arrived they were eager to have another prophet of the Hanged God amongst them...a little too eager it seemed but willing parishioners are too few and far between to spurn them. A month later I found out why, they erected a huge cross on the hill above the village and encouraged me to say mass before it. It was not the Lords Day but I acquiesced. No sooner had I finished than I was taken up and bound to the cross. Daggers were thrust through my palms and feet and a spear thrust was made in my side. A young woman set a circlet of briars upon my brow and they began to sing a strangely mangled version of an old nursery prayer. It was only the sudden appearance of a group of raiders from a nearby village that spared me, the cross was tumbled to the ground and I came loose of it. My legs hit the pebbled shore and I began to run, I have not stopped since…”
—Friar Cuthbert, during the wee hours in the tap room of the Dappled Pony.

I'd certainly hire them, but I don't know if I'd play them as a PC.
(Comes from the long ago when priests as a profession didn't exist as playable option in DW, and not yet familiar enough with how they work in play.)