It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:31 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Official or Fan-Made, doesn't matter.

So what would you like?

First person to say "Complete Book of Sappers" gets shot in the head....:)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:31 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Complete book of Combat Engineers....

Oriental Adventures....

Maybe alternative time periods for dragwars settings? Go back maybe a hundred years and maybe things would be different, or forward 100 years.

Selentium stuff, fall of the Selentium Empire resources maybe.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:37 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Well I'm slowly working on ' Oriental Adventures'....

Selentine info is definetely needed....must be some Byzantine and Holy Roman Empire scholars amongst us....

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:57 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

http://jaysromanhistory.com/romeweb/engineer/art1.htm

By contrast, the Selentine were a civilization of engineers and builders. In all of their history, no great names in science or mathematics beckon to us from across the ages as those of their military geniuses or literary greats do. In the applying of pure knowledge to practical uses, however, their engineers are unsurpassed until one reaches modern times. Without the ability to manufacture parts to standard dimensions close enough to allow them to be interchangeable in finished products without filin and fitting, they nevertheless had huge factories capable of large scale mass production. Engineers traveled with their armies building roads and bridges. In fact, a knowledge of engineering was almost a requirement for advancing through the ranks. After they conquered new territory and created a new province, their engineers laid out cities to a standard plan and provided them with excellent roads and a clean water supply. When Julius Caesar had to cross the Rhine with his army, he built a pontoon bridge on the spot using the engineering skills of his soldiers and forced labor of the local tribesmen. Later, a much larger permanent stone bridge crossed the Danube. They invented concrete using pouzzolana cement that would set and harden underwater.

Selentine roads and bridges are famous for their longevity. They were "built to last a century" and many have lasted 22 centuries. The Via Appia, built in 312 B.C., is still in use in Italy today. Selentine bridges served the American General George Patton during World War II. The famous World War II general was a romantic and a history enthusiast have given him a sense of historical satisfaction to use bridges over which Pompey, Caesar, Sulla, Septimius Severus, and Maxentius marched their armies. Eight large aqueducts served ??? and many of those continued to provide water throughout the ages and still serve today. A Selentine town was planned from the time of the original site selection for adequate water supply, sewer system, adequate production of surrounding farmland, commercial access, roads, and population density. Towns given by the emperor to retired veterans of 20 years' service (COLONIAE) were planned and built by the vets themselves. The modern German city of Cologne was just such a town and derives its name from its Roman designation as a COLONIA. Unfortunately, ???? itself was often poorly planned, crowded, prone to conflagration, and everything that the engineered towns weren’t. The wonders of Selentine engineering are also the subject of many volumes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:47 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
http://jaysromanhistory.com/romeweb/engineer/art1.htm

By contrast, the Selentine were a civilization of engineers and builders. In all of their history, no great names in science or mathematics beckon to us from across the ages as those of their military geniuses or literary greats do. In the applying of pure knowledge to practical uses, however, their engineers are unsurpassed until one reaches modern times. Without the ability to manufacture parts to standard dimensions close enough to allow them to be interchangeable in finished products without filin and fitting, they nevertheless had huge factories capable of large scale mass production. Engineers traveled with their armies building roads and bridges. In fact, a knowledge of engineering was almost a requirement for advancing through the ranks. After they conquered new territory and created a new province, their engineers laid out cities to a standard plan and provided them with excellent roads and a clean water supply. When Julius Caesar had to cross the Rhine with his army, he built a pontoon bridge on the spot using the engineering skills of his soldiers and forced labor of the local tribesmen. Later, a much larger permanent stone bridge crossed the Danube. They invented concrete using pouzzolana cement that would set and harden underwater.

Selentine roads and bridges are famous for their longevity. They were "built to last a century" and many have lasted 22 centuries. The Via Appia, built in 312 B.C., is still in use in Italy today. Selentine bridges served the American General George Patton during World War II. The famous World War II general was a romantic and a history enthusiast have given him a sense of historical satisfaction to use bridges over which Pompey, Caesar, Sulla, Septimius Severus, and Maxentius marched their armies. Eight large aqueducts served ??? and many of those continued to provide water throughout the ages and still serve today. A Selentine town was planned from the time of the original site selection for adequate water supply, sewer system, adequate production of surrounding farmland, commercial access, roads, and population density. Towns given by the emperor to retired veterans of 20 years' service (COLONIAE) were planned and built by the vets themselves. The modern German city of Cologne was just such a town and derives its name from its Roman designation as a COLONIA. Unfortunately, ???? itself was often poorly planned, crowded, prone to conflagration, and everything that the engineered towns weren’t. The wonders of Selentine engineering are also the subject of many volumes.

Good start. Love to see how it goes. ;)

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:06 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Strongly believe some form of rough and easy to apply terrain rules would be in order. Was watching a documentary about Hannibal and how he couldn't take Rome because he needed 3 times the man power to lay siege to its city walls. I suppose too many dice rolls would be cumbersome, but maybe some rough guidelines like 'reflexes 18 can scale this glass wall' and 'reflexes 6 can climb ladders'. Or maybe some rough movement rules in water.

Those Selentine sure knew how to use terrain to their advantage....

I think the original book 5 touched on that with references to the Selentine, and if I recall, some bronze items here and there thrown in. I think rules for bronze age armour could be applied to primitive tribal types. I made some effort to create some items like boarskin armour and bronze spears a while back. Book 6 has some stats for sharpened sticks....

Maybe rules on a 2nd century lands of legend rules would be in order...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:17 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
Strongly believe some form of rough and easy to apply terrain rules would be in order. Was watching a documentary about Hannibal and how he couldn't take Rome because he needed 3 times the man power to lay siege to its city walls. I suppose too many dice rolls would be cumbersome, but maybe some rough guidelines like 'reflexes 18 can scale this glass wall' and 'reflexes 6 can climb ladders'. Or maybe some rough movement rules in water.

Those Selentine sure knew how to use terrain to their advantage....

I think the original book 5 touched on that with references to the Selentine, and if I recall, some bronze items here and there thrown in. I think rules for bronze age armour could be applied to primitive tribal types. I made some effort to create some items like boarskin armour and bronze spears a while back. Book 6 has some stats for sharpened sticks....

Maybe rules on a 2nd century lands of legend rules would be in order...

Knock up a sourcebook. :)

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:36 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Anyone else?

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
Anyone else?

I'd like to see Gazetteers for every country. I'd probably start with those nearest Albion and move out from there, if I was doing it, but if anybody has a culture or country they are particularly interested in.

But I'd like to see these being done by Serpent King :) There's no reason (especially given the fan licence) anybody can't do this, but I really do want to see more 'official' material and this is an area that is rife for that. If Serpent King ever does get to the stage of doing regular releases of any sort, which I would love to think will happen someday.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Dreadnought wrote:
Damian May wrote:
Anyone else?

I'd like to see Gazetteers for every country. I'd probably start with those nearest Albion and move out from there, if I was doing it, but if anybody has a culture or country they are particularly interested in.

But I'd like to see these being done by Serpent King :) There's no reason (especially given the fan licence) anybody can't do this, but I really do want to see more 'official' material and this is an area that is rife for that. If Serpent King ever does get to the stage of doing regular releases of any sort, which I would love to think will happen someday.

Someday.....

co-author Cold Fury