Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:15 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Just an idea for personalizing player characters further. We have some coverage of curses in book 3, madness in book 5, mutilations in book 6... actually, lets have a glance...

Ok, no rules there for mutilations but we do have the injury stat modifications from jousting injuries. But I think it can be colourful to implement some of these to player characters. I have played some characters who were disfigured (Luxiex, Kores) as well as retarded (Duidov) and I think it can be fun to play. Perhaps this is an area we can expand on, and it certainly makes for more colourful NPCs. Think of the Geas for darkness elementals, and what about diseased players?

Think of the complex personal motivations.... Imagine the creation of flawed weapons by flawed individuals... Some of these can be incorporated into items, think of the Hand of Glory for example. If elven traits rub off, surely other races might impart their characteristics?

Perhaps after retrieving a famous +2 sword from a famous warrior, the item imparts some of its flaws to the bearer? As it stands, its all the boring +1 or +3 items, some of which do have some personalities like the shattering sword in book 4. How would one reflect an evil intent from the sword of an evil warlord?

And maybe this area will give us ideas on expanding the wondrous items list....

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
I've just run a game at Arcanacon last weekend where a major plot point was the question of just how Baron Aldred's 18 year old daughter wound up with a tattoo of a blue dragon on her chest.

Attachments:
Yenifer.png
Yenifer.png [ 145.86 KiB | Viewed 5148 times ]

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:51 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Youth these days... ear piercings and all.... one of my brothers ex's tell me that its flawed that I'm 240lbs, and 5'9"... I mean, I have friends who are 5'7" and 180lbs with weak cardiac problems... its not your height and weight, its what you do with that...

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:14 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
I've just run a game at Arcanacon last weekend where a major plot point was the question of just how Baron Aldred's 18 year old daughter wound up with a tattoo of a blue dragon on her chest.

When Christianity swept away paganism (which makes it sound more dramatic than it was), tattoos were forbidden by the Christian religion (Leviticus) and law, so sporting one could get you in a lot of trouble... Assuming the True Faith is based on Christianity and Elleslandic law has been Christianised, for a Baron's daughter to be seen to have a tattoo would cause a lot of embarrassment for the Baron (and potentially a lot worse!)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
When Christianity swept away paganism (which makes it sound more dramatic than it was), tattoos were forbidden by the Christian religion (Leviticus) and law, so sporting one could get you in a lot of trouble... Assuming the True Faith is based on Christianity and Elleslandic law has been Christianised, for a Baron's daughter to be seen to have a tattoo would cause a lot of embarrassment for the Baron (and potentially a lot worse!)

Especially when it is critically important that the Baron gets his daughter married off as soon as possible (she is amenable to the idea as long as she doesn't get a total boor. She understands the political situation as well as anybody else.)

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:

Any chance of this adventure making it onto your website as a download...? Not that we're a community starved of new material, you understand, but it's always nice to have a new 'thing' to look at :).

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

Any chance of this adventure making it onto your website as a download...? Not that we're a community starved of new material, you understand, but it's always nice to have a new 'thing' to look at :).

This one is unlikely to be up in the short term, as most of it was in my head - whether one of my con adventures gets written up in detail generally depends on whether or not I have any co-GMs - if somebody else is going to be running the adventure, I obviously have to write it up pretty completely (and on a couple of occasions, the co-GM has done a lot of the writing as well), but if I am the only one running it, it might just be a page or so no of rough notes.

Having said that, looking at the adventures I have already put up on my page, I think I have a couple more I could share - one of my con games can't be uploaded for another reason which I hope will eventually be clear after the Players Guide comes out, but I think I have a few in reasonably complete form.

More recent adventures may be less likely to be useful to other GMs, though - the Springdale Chronicles are a series that gets built on at con after con, and quite a few of the more recent adventures rely pretty heavily on previous ones in the series, some of which, as I've said, couldn't be usefully shared. They are also often somewhat specific to the characters in the game - the most recent one for example involved plans to get Turquin (one of the PCs) engaged to Baron Aldred's daughter (the characters in the Springdale Chronicles are assumed to be a party that played through the 'Sleeping Gods' adventures, so they are mostly former retainers of Aldred). But I'll put up what I can.

Shaun Hately