Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:16 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Chiemeka paused and leant against a great tree breathing hard...he had been on the run from the Uktari warriors for almost a week now but they had broken off pursuit as soon as he came into the shadow of the mountains.

Moving on he came across a heavily used path leading south-west and decided to follow it as he did so he noted other travellers upon it; many were carrying trade goods. Some of the travellers heading the same way as him seemed similar to folk who lived around his homeland in the mountains. As he walked he glanced behind and saw a young woman walking not far behind him, from the look of her she was one of the river folk from the east coast.

Pulgil had followed the river for many months finding her way further inland, she made her way mostly by day taking refuge in trees at night and keeping close to the river in order to swim across whenever a predator picked up her trail. Eventually she found her way to a well used trail heading south-west along the base of the mountains. Leather cloak draped men carrying bundles of wool and dried meat came down the mountains and joined the trail but they fell behind her as they stopped to camp and talk with others of their kind.

She made her way along the trail for weeks, sleeping at the side of the road with larger groups of travellers, one day she saw a man walking ahead of her...he carried no trade goods and she had not seen his kind before.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:38 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka slowed his walk until the woman caught up with him. He smiled a greeting. "You and I are not the typical travellers of this route, I think? How did you come to be so far from your people?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Pulgil returned the smile. "I am called Pulgil. I am from the riverlands, a long way from here, it is true. I simply decided I did not want to be there anymore. I wanted to explore a wider world. And you?"

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:09 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

"I am..." Chiemeka paused briefly, as if searching for the correct word, "...a wanderer. I have some simple skills as a healer, and everywhere I wander there are those who need them. Do you know where these traders are heading?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:11 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

As the two tarried to talk a trio of women ( of the Moloca folk) passed them on the right and they saw two other women ( from their dress, Uktari) approaching from the other direction engaged in deep conversation.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:19 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Chiemeka greets the three Molocan women as they pass from behind ("Good day, gentlewomen"), keeping a nervous eye on the Uktari women approaching from the south-west. It's unlikely that they have had any contact with the warriors who were recently pursuing Chiemeka on suspicion of witchcraft, but he needs to be ready to flee, or even to call on the gods to aid his escape.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:38 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:
Chiemeka greets the three Molocan women as they pass from behind ("Good day, gentlewomen"), keeping a nervous eye on the Uktari women approaching from the south-west. It's unlikely that they have had any contact with the warriors who were recently pursuing Chiemeka on suspicion of witchcraft, but he needs to be ready to flee, or even to call on the gods to aid his escape.

The Molocan women nodded politely to him and his apparently shy companion, the older woman smiling a gap-toothed smile at him.

The Uktari women passed him by, deep in their own conversation, by the red paint on their left cheek he thought they were probably midwives...as he had seen similar markings on women in the Uktari villages he had visited...before the misunderstanding occured.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:40 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Chiemeka darts a quick glance at Pulgil to see if she noticed his reaction to the Uktari women. If she did, there is no outward sign.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:38 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Having recieved a friendly response from the Molocan women, Chiemeka attempts to initiate conversation.

"My friend and I are new to this road. Where are you heading?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Pulgil hangs back, keeping a close eye on the Uktari at all times. She does not intend to appear discourteous but she finds the presence of the Uktari troubling. She has heard they have a habit of preying on peaceful peoples and though her own people have had no contact with them during her lifetime, she is wary.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next