Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:55 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Having recieved a friendly response from the Molocan women, Chiemeka attempts to initiate conversation.

"My friend and I are new to this road. Where are you heading?"

The two younger women stay quiet but the older one speaks, " We are travelling to Iintombi Intlambo where my mother was born. My husband and sons died recently and I and my bond-daughters are headed to my mothers family to live with them until I die."

Dreadnought wrote:
Pulgil hangs back, keeping a close eye on the Uktari at all times. She does not intend to appear discourteous but she finds the presence of the Uktari troubling. She has heard they have a habit of preying on peaceful peoples and though her own people have had no contact with them during her lifetime, she is wary.

The Uktari pass out of sight and Pulgil notes that the two younger women are looking at her and Chiemeka with curiosity...

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
The Uktari pass out of sight and Pulgil notes that the two younger women are looking at her and Chiemeka with curiosity...

"My apologies to you. I did not intend to be rude to any of you. But I have heard stories about those people and I fear more than just impoliteness from them. Life can be dangerous."

(To the older woman)

"I am sorry for your loss as well. You lost your husband and sons? A single tragedy is hard enough. A multiple one is so much harder and also so much more likely to be less accidental. Life can be dangerous. I do not wish to pry but I could not forgive myself if I did not ask a person I could perhaps help - are you fearing dangers? Do you need... can I assist?"

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:23 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka smiles approvingly at Pulgil's offer of help for the women.

"Well said, my new friend! If there is any way at all that we can be of assistance, we will do all that we can"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:48 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Dreadnought wrote:
Damian May wrote:

"My apologies to you. I did not intend to be rude to any of you. But I have heard stories about those people and I fear more than just impoliteness from them. Life can be dangerous."

(To the older woman)

"I am sorry for your loss as well. You lost your husband and sons? A single tragedy is hard enough. A multiple one is so much harder and also so much more likely to be less accidental. Life can be dangerous. I do not wish to pry but I could not forgive myself if I did not ask a person I could perhaps help - are you fearing dangers? Do you need... can I assist?"

drb1004 wrote:
Chiemeka smiles approvingly at Pulgil's offer of help for the women.

"Well said, my new friend! If there is any way at all that we can be of assistance, we will do all that we can"

The two younger women looked unsure, but the older one fussed them away.

" If you want to walk with us until the tradetown then that would be fine.", she grinned. " There are always those who might chance robbing an old woman and her daughters."

She smiled at Pungil, " My husband died because he was old and stupid...my sons because they took after their father.", she bit her lip and looked at her bond-daughters.

" My husband was killed because he would not bend his neck, my sons because they were too eager for revenge. My people have a saying, Revenge is like an egg...sometimes you need to sit on it a long time before it hatches at full strength."

" My sons were not much for nesting....and so now we are here."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:38 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

"We will be happy to walk with you. Perhaps, as we walk, you will tell us more of your family, and what caused your sons to seek revenge? If the topic is not too painful for you, of course."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pulgil listens attentatively. Chiemeka has asked the question that needed asking.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:05 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:
"We will be happy to walk with you. Perhaps, as we walk, you will tell us more of your family, and what caused your sons to seek revenge? If the topic is not too painful for you, of course."

Dreadnought wrote:
Pulgil listens attentatively. Chiemeka has asked the question that needed asking.

" My last husband and father of my last sons got into a dispute with a group of neighbouring people. There is often trouble between our people and theirs, but he would not let things lie. He made a challenge and he died. That should have been the end of it....but my sons had heads of stone like their father."

The two younger women protested in their own tongue but the old woman shushed them.

" My bond-daughters still want to protect their husbands, but you did not know them so there is no point in you not knowing the truth."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:57 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Chiemaka nods as the woman speaks. He has seen this sort of thing many times in his travels.

"Tribal feuds can be a terrible thing. Is there no way to settle your differences peacefully?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:58 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:
Chiemaka nods as the woman speaks. He has seen this sort of thing many times in his travels.

"Tribal feuds can be a terrible thing. Is there no way to settle your differences peacefully?"

The old woman shook her head, " It is not our neighbours way to think of peace."

" And you two? You are from far north I believe and you are...one of the water people?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damian May wrote:
drb1004 wrote:

The old woman shook her head, " It is not our neighbours way to think of peace."

" And you two? You are from far north I believe and you are...one of the water people?"

"My name is Pulgil. And yes, I come from the riverlands. I have always felt the need to travel and so I have. I have no particular goal but I trust that someday I will find something worth doing with my life."

Shaun Hately

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next