Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:02 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
Simon - the door handle behind you does not give. You believe the door is locked. You stand ready.

Simon's curiosity is piqued about what could be secured behind such a strong door and makes a mental note to satisfy his curiosity later, should the opportunity arise.

Dreadnought wrote:
You hear a shout from somewhere outside - it's that boy, Eggdras. "Emily! EMILY!! WHERE THE **** ARE YOU?!?!"

Simon starts to move cautiously towards the bed, closer to the monk, possibly with the intention to engage, but doubts tug at his mind about whether he has either the skill or the heart to challenge the monk in a melee. When he hears Eggdras' call from outside the room, Simon quickly re-thinks his plan to launch himself at the monk if events demand it and instead manoeuvres himself to stand in front of the door that exits the room back to the corridor. Eggdras won't be able to get in whilst the door's bolted. With his back to the door, Simon calls back, "EGGDRAS, WE'RE IN HERE. AND WATCH OUT, THERE'S A MONK ON THE LANDING." Simon won't immediately unbolt the door but will listen for movement outside (and, preferably, confirmation the movement's from Eggdras before releasing the bolt, just in case it's the illusion-crafting monk).

Simon remains facing into the room, turning his head only enough to shout through the door.

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:14 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"Right! Room service coming up!!!"

Eggdras kicks the door when he can, which may mean whilst its still bolted.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:32 pm 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Seeing Simon move towards the door, Alistair edges towards the monk, sword (currently) pointing at the floor and keeping one eye on what the Nun is doing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:38 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Emily froze on the balcony when she heard Eggdras call out, afraid he would do something rash she remained silent then suddenly turned and bolted out onto the balcony and looked about for a way up....

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Very sorry for the long delay in posting. My regular in-person table top games have had to be suddenly moved to my place from where we were playing, which meant having to get my gaming room that hadn't been used for five years back in working order, and that took up a huge amount of time, at the same time as I was writing school reports, sending manuscripts to publishers, and applying for (and then accepting) a Masters degree to study next year. Coupled with not feeling well... this was one of the things I let slide. I will do my best to do better.

In the room (and just outside it)

Emily - you have bolted onto the balcony. Looking up, you don't think it would be that difficult to climb up - or for that matter to climb down. You believe there is one floor above you (the attics) and there is a window above the eastern side of the balcony that you could climb to quickly. Beyond that, you could get onto the sloping roof.

But you can also see in the yard behind the inn, are eight members of the City Watch - six troopers, a Sergeant and...

Intelligence check, +2 bonus for city, so 15 or better needed): 1d20 4

the Earl Marshall of Albion, the Earl of Mancaster. As well as being one of the most powerful nobles in the Kingdom in general terms, he's also the head of the City Militia and the City Watch. You don't know much about him, but you have heard he's a hands on leader and he has a reputation for being fair and just. He'll make sure somebody hangs if they deserve it, but the innocent generally don't have too much to fear. It's up to you how innocent you consider you currently are.

Simon has positioned himself near the door as described and is listening for signs of Eggdras's approach (or anything else).

Alistair is standing ready...

As the lady from the bed swiftly draws a dagger from the belt of the woman on the ground and launches herself towards the nun. The woman on the ground jerks coming to her feet from flat on her back and seems to be looking around for something to use as a weapon.

The Nun and the Monk do not instantly react - they may have been surprised. Alistair, you are close enough to both the monk and the nun that you could engage them this round. Possibly with surprise.

Outside

Dynis has closed the distance to the Monk and will be able to strike at him next round. She has to defend herself first as the Monk stood ready to accept her charge. He strikes at her with a short sword, missing.

Eggdras runs down the corridor, Osric follows more cautiously behind. Both of you hear "EGGDRAS, WE'RE IN HERE. AND WATCH OUT, THERE'S A MONK ON THE LANDING." and as Eggdras has said, he's shouted a response.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Dreadnought wrote:
Very sorry for the long delay in posting. My regular in-person table top games have had to be suddenly moved to my place from where we were playing, which meant having to get my gaming room that hadn't been used for five years back in working order, and that took up a huge amount of time, at the same time as I was writing school reports, sending manuscripts to publishers, and applying for (and then accepting) a Masters degree to study next year. Coupled with not feeling well... this was one of the things I let slide. I will do my best to do better.

Sounds like an exciting time to be alive - don't worry about us as I'm sure we all also have things with which to occupy ourselves between updates. Great to hear that good things are happening for you (except the illness, obviously).

Dreadnought wrote:
Simon has positioned himself near the door as described and is listening for signs of Eggdras's approach (or anything else).

Simon hears Eggdras' shout and unbolts the door, momentarily turning his back on the scene in the room. When he turns back around, he sees the lady from the bed launch herself at the nun and Emily gone, the heavy rain painting her as little more than a silhouette on the balcony that Simon easily misses in the moment through the murky windows and the cloud-blackened sky. Simon feels a wave of nausea rippling in his gut at the thought of fighting the monk, especially as the reason to do so seems to be no longer in the room, but the softly vibrating hilt of the sword soon soothes his mind and Simon takes a couple of hesitant steps forward.

Dreadnought wrote:
The woman on the ground jerks coming to her feet from flat on her back and seems to be looking around for something to use as a weapon.

[OOC - did I take her only weapon? I thought she had another sword scabbarded at her belt. I wonder if Simon would feel guilty at leaving her defenceless? Probably not enough to give up his weapon tho :D]

Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
[OOC - did I take her only weapon? I thought she had another sword scabbarded at her belt. I wonder if Simon would feel guilty at leaving her defenceless? Probably not enough to give up his weapon tho :D]

She does indeed still have a sword at her belt, but for some reason hasn't drawn it. Interestingly the other lady took the dagger, not the sword - perhaps to leave the woman on the ground the sword, perhaps for some other reason...

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Doorkicking coming up. Has to be done! Eggdras likes to make an entrance....

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:25 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Dreadnought wrote:
Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:

She does indeed still have a sword at her belt, but for some reason hasn't drawn it. Interestingly the other lady took the dagger, not the sword - perhaps to leave the woman on the ground the sword, perhaps for some other reason...

[OOC - That would just be more evidence that the tainted blade now wielded by Simon has inveigled its way into her consciousness and blinded her to the perfectly functional sword at her side. Even now, Simon's skin feels like it's fusing with the hilt of this demon-bound weapon, drawing into its blade Simon's soul to leave him nothing more than a puppet of the Veiled Lord that has chosen a mundane form to lure its victims to their doom. Or not. Who knows? But Simon has his suspicions, even if they are easily assuaged by the intoxicating strength surging through his arm...]

Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:26 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Mystic
Once Osric reaches them he will swing his staff at the monk’s head with a Hawk guard (+1 Attack, +1 bypass, lessened defense and Evasion)

“Yield to the Lady!”

[OOC: I’m on the move next few days so please could GM make rolls for me]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next