Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1470
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Damian May wrote:
Ultstadt wrote:
Jaafan gives a sharp glare at the man beside him to cow the man's agitation, and then begin shuffling through the pack of slaves slowly, headed toward whoever looked the strongest of the herd. Upon reaching the determined slave, the barbarian attempts to press the nail in to the individual's palm, shrugging his shoulders slightly to indicate his loosened neck bolt. When he feels the slave understands his intent, he casts his eyes about the ground for some loose shale or edge, dull or sharp, that he might use to slowly saw away at the rope binding his hands.

If the worst came to pass, he could simply flee in to the trees in the hopes of stumbling on whatever had distracted his captors, but the true proof of his strength would be to lead these slaves against their oppressors in a grand battle for their freedom. He suppressed a grin at the thought.


The other man took the nail and set to work on the ropes at Jaafans wrists with a wink....it look like it may take a minute or two...



Suddenly there was a loud rattling call from some ways off in the undergrowth and the Volucreth all focused their attention on the jungle, the rope at his wrists fell away.......they would not be distracted for long....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Realising that the shouting bird needed to be silenced as quickly as possible, Chiemeka fired his most powerful offensive spell at it.

Shadowbolt at hunting bird: 2d10 7

Shadowbolt at hunting bird - damage roll: 2d6+10 19

Why do things always kick off at the weekend?! I'll try to look in and post when I can.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:09 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm
Posts: 22
Profession: Knave
Jaafan, with a stern nod of thanks, leaves the warrior with the nail to work on his own bonds. He attempts to use the distraction of the volcreth to sneak up behind one that has a weapon which could be used to chop the cord keeping the slaves connected. He would try to steal the weapon before swiftly attempting to cut the cord. If he could slice the cable he might free the majority of the slaves. They would be on their own afterward, but it was the best plan he could think of.


Last edited by Ultstadt on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:59 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1420
Profession: Barbarian
When that SHADOWBOLT impacts, Kuublu will momentarily be distracted by the awesome firepower. When he gets over the massive smoke and burning feathers he'll keep slinging at the hunting birds, and if they're all fried he'll signal to the others to run....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:29 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1470
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Realising that the shouting bird needed to be silenced as quickly as possible, Chiemeka fired his most powerful offensive spell at it.

Shadowbolt at hunting bird: 2d10 7

Shadowbolt at hunting bird - damage roll: 2d6+10 19


Why do things always kick off at the weekend?! I'll try to look in and post when I can.


Kharille wrote:
When that SHADOWBOLT impacts, Kuublu will momentarily be distracted by the awesome firepower. When he gets over the massive smoke and burning feathers he'll keep slinging at the hunting birds, and if they're all fried he'll signal to the others to run....


The dark lance of shadow crashed into the terror bird producing a loud "krunk" sound from the sturdy avian, it was thrown onto its side but immediately leapt back onto its feet shaking its head in confusion and pain, as soon as it was vertical again it let out a low rattling cry and bolted into the jungle at maximum speed away from the area....

The other terror bird hesitated between following its fellow or snapping at the annoyance ( Uruka) dancing in front of it...

Uruka had dropped his weapon when the sudden flash from the spell had rocketed over his shoulder and he was trying to work out how to retrieve it without being bitten when the bird suddenly turned and bolted away from him at speed after the other one....

14:27, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Uruka, rolled 20 using 1d20. Attack.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1470
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Ultstadt wrote:
Jaafan, with a stern nod of thanks, leaves the warrior with the nail to work on his own bonds. He attempts to use the distraction of the volcreth to sneak up behind one that has a weapon which could be used to chop the cord keeping the slaves connected. He would try to steal the weapon before swiftly attempting to cut the cord. If he could slice the cable he might free the majority of the slaves. They would be on their own afterward, but it was the best plan he could think of.


He quickly gives up on any notion of stealing one of their longblades as they are fixed across the creatures back in a diagonal scabbard, but he notes a number of them have machete type blades hanging from their belts and determines to take one of those.

Jaafans first attempt goes very badly but the Volucreth and its companions don't seem to notice so he tries again, he successfully draws the machete from the scabbard and readies it to cut the corded rope when another Volucreth a few metres away just happens to glance his way and stares at him in shock........



14:36, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Volucreth, rolled 3 using 1d20. Notice.

14:36, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Jaafan, rolled 2 using 1d20. Pilfer.

14:35, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Volucreth, rolled 18 using 1d20. Notice.

14:35, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Jaafan, rolled 18 using 1d20. Pilfer.


Ok. Jaafan has a few options but very little time. If he bolts now he will almost certainly get to cover before a cry goes up, if he cuts the cord then runs he will take two attacks from the nearest Volucreth before he reaches cover.....anything more complicated will put him in combat.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm
Posts: 22
Profession: Knave
Jaafan brings the blade down on the cord to chop it.

So long as it cuts through he'll take off running and shout "Run!" as he does so. He pats the strong warrior on the shoulder as he runs past. It would not be a bad thing to have the company of another warrior when they enter the jungle. As he runs he’ll keep an eye out for any women or children slaves that look like one of the Volucreth might strike down. He wants to escape, but if he can step in to buy one of the slaves a bit of extra time without putting himself in to much danger he will.

If it somehow fails to cut he will try again, despite the Volucreth that has seen him.

OOC- Examples of actions he’s willing to take; shoulder charges/bumps to interrupt a volucreth attack, blocking a strike and then disengaging again, picking up a child and carrying it with him, etc. not really trying to engage in combat, but being a nuisance and distraction at the risk of HP if it saves another slave.


Last edited by Ultstadt on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 243
Profession: Warlock
Uruka disengages and runs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1470
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Ultstadt wrote:
Jaafan brings the blade down on the cord to chop it.

So long as it cuts through he'll take off running and shout "Run!" as he does so. He pats the strong warrior on the shoulder as he runs past. It would not be a bad thing to have the company of another warrior when they enter the jungle. As he runs he’ll keep an eye out for any women or children slaves that look like one of the Volucreth might strike down. He wants to escape, but if he can step in to buy one of the slaves a bit of extra time without putting himself in to much danger he will.

If it somehow fails to cut he will try again, despite the Volucreth that has seen him.

OOC- Examples of actions he’s willing to take; shoulder charges/bumps to interrupt a volucreth attack, blocking a strike and then disengaging again, picking up a child and carrying it with him, etc. not really trying to engage in combat, but being a nuisance and distraction at the risk of HP if it saves another slave.


Whether his desperation or just that the owner was particular about its weapon but the blade parted the cord easily giving Jaafan a few more moments to act.

He grabbed two youngsters by the arms dragging them with him as he ran towards the thick foliage, the man he had helped free pushed a young woman before him. Two older men were cut down by the avians as they turned to flee but a large number of the others were making a run for it.

As he shouldered past them with his two charges two of the Volucreth slashed at him with their great squared blades...he ducked one but the other scored a deep cut across his right shoulder blade.

As Jaafan pushed into the trees he saw that at least half of the captives had made it out of the ring.....though he was saddened to see 8 or so bodies on the ground.

OOC:

17:44, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Jaafan, rolled 1 using 1d20. Strength.
17:50, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Volucreth 4, rolled 7 using 1d20. Attack. -6 hp to Jaafan.
17:50, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Volucreth 3, rolled 14 using 1d20. Attack.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1470
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Damian May wrote:

The dark lance of shadow crashed into the terror bird producing a loud "krunk" sound from the sturdy avian, it was thrown onto its side but immediately leapt back onto its feet shaking its head in confusion and pain, as soon as it was vertical again it let out a low rattling cry and bolted into the jungle at maximum speed away from the area....

The other terror bird hesitated between following its fellow or snapping at the annoyance ( Uruka) dancing in front of it...

Uruka had dropped his weapon when the sudden flash from the spell had rocketed over his shoulder and he was trying to work out how to retrieve it without being bitten when the bird suddenly turned and bolted away from him at speed after the other one....

14:27, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Uruka, rolled 20 using 1d20. Attack.


Firestar76 wrote:
Uruka disengages and runs


As the two terror birds ran off north and Uruka ran back towards Kuublu and Chiemeka there was the sudden sound of foliage breaking and footsteps running as if many individuals were charging through the jungle towards the trio....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group