Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:10 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
" About a year ago I found a suitable band of men to accompany me to the tomb—at least, I thought they were suitable. Agwe Manduur and his men turned out to be the most bloodthirsty cutthroats one could hope not to meet? We entered the jungle at the lakeshore, and while we were searching for the exact location of the tomb, one of Agwes men spied a figure in the trees nearby. The damned fool shot at it with his bow.

That was the start of our troubles. The next day two of the men took sick, poisoned by bad water from a spring. A man we sent out scouting failed to return. At dawn we awoke to find his severed head set on a pole by the camp fire!

Most of the men were for turning back then, but Agwe had a dogs spirit and I—for my foolishness, I was too proud and greedy to abandon the search. We went deeper into the forest, keeping our scouts closer now. At last one of them called out to us—’Here! I’ve found it! Here!’ We rushed through the trees, and came into the clearing where the colossal stone portal of the tomb stands. But the man who had called out was lashed upside-down to a frame, and a group of Aziza stood all around with bows. “Agwe bellowed crazily and charged them, swinging his axe. An ancient grey haired Aziza with one leg pulled himself up and pulled on his pipe, he blew a cloud of smoke out and spoke a word. Agwe fell dead in his tracks. Then the Ancient One came to me, and I held out my trembling hands. I looked right into his black bottomless eyes. He said, ‘You are not one of them. You did not desire this madness, and we shall spare you our retribution. Go now; take this cloak and we shall let you pass.’ Sure enough, he gave me the scarlet cloak from his shoulders. I could see a circle of redeyed lions about the clearing now. Agwes men were pleading with me to help them, but I could do nothing. I went to the edge of the clearing, and though the lions snarled they parted to let me go. I walked at first, then began to run. Behind me, the men began to scream. As The Great One is my witness, they deserved their fate—but I covered my ears as I ran. “It was bitter to know I had found the tomb and lost it. Then a wily thought came to me. I snagged the cloak on a tree and began to unravel it as I went. When I reached the forest’s edge I had used up all the thread. I went quickly home and lay in a fever there three days. When I went back, I could not find the thread, though I had marked the tree where I had wound the end of it. Ado, whom I later consulted in a circumspect manner, was of the opinion that a fine woven Aziza thread might only show in strong moon-light."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"A wonderful tale! Seems that Mother Earth holds the secrets to guide us. Agwe had little control over his men. Perhaps he relied on paying them rather than through good leadership. I wonder whether we can restore our relations with the Aziza, demonstrate our respect for the forest and rediscover the whereabouts of Queen Nirin...."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:56 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
The Priest's tale is sobering. It quickly and ruthlessly pierces and takes out all the hot air from the youthful dreamy perspective Ak'kulula has been holding on exploring the Queen's tomb. No trace of his earlier joyful excitement remains, but the solemn seriousness of one who properly has realized the deadly seriousness and dangers of reality.
Kharille wrote:
"A wonderful tale! Seems that Mother Earth holds the secrets to guide us. Agwe had little control over his men. Perhaps he relied on paying them rather than through good leadership. I wonder whether we can restore our relations with the Aziza, demonstrate our respect for the forest and rediscover the whereabouts of Queen Nirin...."

The lad looks up and nods at the Prince's comments. Here is another story of foolish men, who were totally clueless they were in over their heads, and who responded in their foolish boorish manner to what should have been respected and honored, even feared.

"Ak'kulula would like very much to seek out the tomb of the great Queen. To behold her glory in life and in death."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:43 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka's eyes light up at the mention of the Azizi.

"I have heard stories of the Azizi - it is said they wield great magic and have been known to share their knowledge with those who pass through the jungle. If we can stike up a relationship, it would be fascinating to converse with them about my own abilities. Perhaps they can help to explain where they come from."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

drb1004 wrote:
Chiemeka's eyes light up at the mention of the Azizi.

"I have heard stories of the Azizi - it is said they wield great magic and have been known to share their knowledge with those who pass through the jungle. If we can stike up a relationship, it would be fascinating to converse with them about my own abilities. Perhaps they can help to explain where they come from."

Ak'kulula nods. And when he speaks, the lad sounds hopeful.

"The sky is clear...there has been no heavy rains or thunderstorms in recent weeks. Perhaps this night too the moon will shine bright in a clear sky to illuminate the Aziza thread..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:35 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Edwa smiled, " Perhaps so. I am pleased to find you so eager."

" Shall we set out in the morning...it will be a few days journey, I am not a fast walker these days."

" I will have your friend watched over until we return...."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:42 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Will leave the Donkeys behind. Hope they can take care of them and not work them to death.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:29 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ak'kulula nods. "Ak'kulula will be ready..."

The boy looks in on Ado before the day is out, seeing to the old man's needs as best as he can. He gathers another 2 days' worth of fruits and edible plants which he leaves before Ado's hut.

Come dawn, the lad gathers his possessions and is ready to travel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:12 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

The four companions and the elderly priest met the next morning with their borrowed supplies and after a hearty breakfast set out on the three day journey towards Lake Kupi.

The going was slow as the old priest did not move fast at the best of times, the first day was spent on the trade road and was quite easy, they made camp in a small kraal used by itinerent traders that night and set out early again the next day.

They turned off the road and followed hunting trails towards the lake, as they left the grasslands and approached the edge of a stand of scrub Pulgil spotted a group of oribi and managed to bring one down furnishing a good feast for their evening meal. Sleep that night was made in a great boab tree, to the sound of coughing lions in the distance.

The next day they made their way through the scrub and saw many waterfowl overhead winging towards the lake, by midday they were within the reeds at the edge of Lake Kupi and as the sun set Edwa began searching the trees that edged the jungle on the lakes eastern shore.

He cried out and pointed to a tall ebony tree and the companions saw an impossibly thin thread looped about it and leading into the jungle, the thread shone in the moonlight like ruddy quicksilver.

Edwa could barely contain his joy, " Shall we?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:25 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ak'kulula looks with wonder at the thread that is so thin and silvery. Certainly nothing human-made came even close. This has got to be Aziza craft. As his eyes follow the thread as it leads further in the jungle, his body is raring to follow. Forcing himself to pause, he empties his mind and sends his consciousness forward into the jungle where nothing can be seen as yet under the shadows, probing and searching for any presence or danger...

OOC: dice rolls
Premonition check: 66
ESP check: 5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 54  Next