Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:22 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Profession: Hunter
An easy smile played across Max’s lips at the quip.

‘Nothing as dramatic I’m afraid. As a humble messenger, I bring news of a personal nature that Corvin will need to hear’.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:56 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Hiding his surprise and perplexity at being called by name in this strange and unusual place, Corvin seeks to regain some composure with pomposity.

“Hail fellow, well met - I suppose…” Corvin announces grandly.

“This is a passing strange place to be called upon by name by a stranger. Stranger still that you know my name, or one of them, but I strangely know not yours. All together too much strangeness wouldn’t you say?” he says with flourish and rests his grandfather’s sword over his shoulder, but keeps his shield up between himself and the crossbow man in the dark.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:08 pm 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Holding the flickering torch a little higher so as to illuminate the other man’s face, Max satisfied himself that this was indeed the same person in the picture he had been shown.

‘I bring news of your mother Corvin Rath. She is unwell with the ague. She is attended to by physicians but asked that word reach you. My job as a messenger put me in Montombre’s territory which is when I learned of her condition and request. With no other contracts to fulfil, I offered my services, Pro-Bono as I think the more learned classes might put it.’ He chuckled and glanced around at their surroundings. ‘Bohemond at Igham told me of your objective and luckily I was able to track you to the tomb else I’d never found Vallandr’s resting place’.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:58 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
The scarred mage, Bedwere, looks the newcomer up and down, and moves close to him, almost too close to the flickering torch.

"And you've come all the way here to deliver that message? Messenger be damned. You're crazed! Me, I'm here for the treasure and glory. You're here to deliver a note from his dear old mother." The sorcerer cocks his thumb at Corvin.

Bedwere guffaws.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:51 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Corvin scowls at Bedwere. Caught between genuine concern and disbelief at the lengths this messenger has gone to…

“Well now. If you claim to carry word of my kinfolk, surely you’ll know what other name I am known by?” Corvin asks the stranger, unsure whether to hope for the truth or some falsity…

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:52 pm 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Max’s easy smile broadened momentarily as he recalled the tales told to him by erstwhile associates of Corvin at Montombre’s castle.

The way I hear it, it’s Corvin Reed that’s also known by the name Corvin Rath. Rumour had it that you saw Rath, adopted from your mother’s side as lending you an air of mysterious rebellion or perhaps rebellious mystery.

Whether his eyes were glinting from amusement or from the light of his torch, which he had withdrawn slightly fearing that Bedwere might singe his whiskers, was hard to tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:30 pm 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Calder too is surprised that a man could come all the way here to deliver a message. He wants to ask his but doesn’t know how to express himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:34 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Knight
"Well Corvin what's the plan if you wish to return to your mothers bedside then I understand or do you wish to push on get this done then try to aid your mother?

"I'm sorry Max wasn't it
I am Sten, truly a remarkable effort to find us here how long did it take you to get to us ?" You see before you a large man with a thick black beard wearing piece mail plate armour carrying a couple of sword shield and a bow .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:48 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

“Let us press on. I would not return to the land of my birth empty handed. We will discuss my mother’s indisposition in due course Master Max, but now is neither the place nor the time.

Corvin glances suspiciously at Max for a moment before deciding.

“Come Max, join me here in the middle of our band as we go forth boldly in search of King Vallandr’s treasures.”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:55 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Acknowledging the man in the mask with a nod, Max turned to Sten. A mass of muscle, the man before him was built like a stone outbuilding.

‘A day’s hard ride on a horse loaned to me by Corvin’s kin brought me from from Montombre’s castle to Saxton. Leaving the animal there, I finished the journey to the tomb on foot, through Fenring Forest.’

‘I have an insatiable wanderlust and so as well as being necessary to fulfil my promise, entering Vallandr’s resting place also presented an opportunity to slake my thirst for adventure.

Now that they are closer, the party will see a man, certainly not as heavily muscled as Sten, but one who appears fit and healthy. He wears brown leather armour, obviously used but also well maintained. On his back as well as a small back pack and bedroll he wears a sword, its blade slightly curved whilst in his right hand is a loaded crossbow, which like the armour appears as though it has seen action but has also been cared for.

Max consider’s Corvin’s offer. ‘If your companions will have me, an opportunity to explore further would be most welcome’.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next