Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:59 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:53 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm
Posts: 17
Profession: Priest
Bohemond approaches and kneels close to the child. He asks, in a slow and kind tone: "Child! I am Brother Bohemond. What are you doing here so far from everything? Where are your parents? Are you hungry?"

He pulls out some bread out of his pack and offers it to the child.

_________________
Publisher with First Ones Entertainment
Creator of the FOE Patreon
Creator of the Akhamet Campaign Setting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:23 pm 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 592
Profession: Knight
Sten puts down his shield and says softly "Come, child, I'm Sten. I will help you"

The child comes out of the bushes toward Sten but stops and starts bawling.

Sten moves towards the child and gently picks the little one up in a fatherly embrace.

The child wriggles a bit and then softens in Sten's embrace. The sobbing subsides.

"There now, little one, what do they call you" boomed Sten, though he tried to soften his tone.

Through the snot and the continued milder sniveling you all think that this is a girl and possibly her name is Egg. Or she wants an egg. She blinks at Bohemond, interested in his bread.

"Where are your ma and da?" asks Sten

That makes her snivel more. You piece together that her mum has passed away, but her dad is still around. She mentions that he's a farmer, and her nan is called Mavis.

"There, there, little one. I know your Nan and we are on our way there now. How about we go and see if she has some of that apple pie for us."

"How about you ride on my shoulders and you can help lead the way."


Egg asks what you're going to do about Roger.

Sten looks surprised to hear about Roger


You can make this out from her gabble - Roger is her brother. They were out playing but were chased by a pack of wild dogs. She escaped, but Roger has run off to the North.


"We best go find him then.
"There are at least four of us that track – let's see if we can pick up his trail.
"Come, my friends. We have a lost child pursued by a pack of dogs. Let's try and track him down"

Egg points in the direction to go. Sten puts her on his shoulders and sets off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:00 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 7:40 pm
Posts: 38
Profession: Elementalist
Godric puts the bow away and sits down, not sure what to say. And leaving the others to do the talking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:10 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1976
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila moved into the woods following the girls direction but she had no luck picking up the trail...

Track- Perception 5.: 1d20 14

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:57 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 174
Profession: Knight
Sten leads the way into the woods with little Egg on his shoulders, picking his path carefully he starts to look for Roger's trail

Perception 5
Tracking 1d20 5
This way i think
( can Sten get some idea of how many dogs and how long ago)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:38 pm 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 520
Profession: Warlock
Seeing his friend seemingly found the trail, Calder says,"Good job, my Sir Sten!"
He follows along.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:57 am 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 592
Profession: Knight
Lucky follows along, taking Sten's lead as he paces with his friend.

It doesn't take much tracking skill for you to hear dogs barking ahead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:53 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 174
Profession: Knight
Sten reaches up and gets Egg down saying "I need you to stay with our good friends Father Bretwald and Father Bohemond. They'll look after you while we go get Roger."

He passes Egg to Bretwald.

Sten draws his sword and shield and sets off at a run towards the sound.

When he comes upon the dogs he will crash his sword and shield together and let out a loud roar in an attempt to scare the dogs away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:02 pm 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 592
Profession: Knight
Over to the rest of you. Does Bohemond elect to stay behind?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1976
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila raced after Sten...when she was retelling this story these dogs were definetely going to be enormous wolves 4 ft at the shoulder.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group