Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:54 am 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
Mavis's tears are replaced by a look of anxiousness and trepidation, as she reaches across and grabs Sten's arm.

"You've seen her. Tell me you've seen her!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:34 pm 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Nigelor wrote:
”I too find my purse far too lean. The rustic people of Gorburn seem to have little need of my skills as scribe”

Calder thinks about what his companions said. Indeed he thinks that being able to fight is the more important skill based on what he went though in life but still,’he wracked his brain for a Suitable reply.

“I wish I can write. Too stupid to learn that. You must be clever to write my mama said.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:38 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

OOC

Medicinal chaps – Calder, Corvin & Lucky (by virtue of being medicalled on) feel free to go for Lucky's return to health with the cock's crow. The others may have their hands full.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:46 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Corvin suppresses a smirk and replies “The priests would say we all have our own talents and place in the order of things. Lords and kings to rule us, the humble folk to farm and work and feed us and the clergy themselves to shepherd our souls to heaven.”

He pauses, a scowl passing across his features momentarily “But I say a man or woman of talent can rise above their place a carve their own path in this world. Just because your father was a knight or a lord doesn’t make you a better man than me. But gold goes a long way to buying respect and power!”

Corvin scratches his chin thoughtfully before concluding “And writing and reading well that’s the key to it. That’s how anyone can learn anything. If I tell you something today you may remember it tomorrow but what about next week, or next month or next year? What about when you’re an ancient greybeard eating gruel once your teeth have ground down? You won’t even remember your name...But if it’s written down then knowledge is not lost and anyone can learn it!”

Corvin collects himself after his impassioned statements and says, not unkindly to Calder ”Mayhaps your Mama was right, but I’m sure Bretwald has brought you along for your talents. You’re a seasoned warrior no doubt.”

Turning to check on Lucky he sees him sitting up and looking far better than Corvin has ever seen him. ”Well good morning! It seems you are lucky by name and by nature. I managed to treat your wounds but your own robustness and the prayers of your companions have returned you to some vigour by the looks of it. You must be hungry. We should see if there’s food left or whether Sten has eaten it all!”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:00 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

SimonB wrote:
Mavis's tears are replaced by a look of anxiousness and trepidation, as she reaches across and grabs Sten's arm.

"You've seen her. Tell me you've seen her!"

Sten looks at Mavis obvious anguish "Have you heard Aggie speak of Roger?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:52 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Lucky had jolted into wakefulness at the words of the stranger who claimed to have healed him. He didn't remember sitting up. He'd been someplace foggy and remote, ephemeral. He struggled to remember anything about the sore and solid realm he now inhabited.
"The bear..." Lucky said groggily. "Where is...?"
Was the bear an animal or a person? So much was still lost in that foggy pit of uneasy dreams from which he'd been lifted.
A sudden memory: Teeth. Pain. The hot breath of dogs. Did he remember the smell of their breath? No. Why not?
He instinctively raised a hand to his face and probed the ruin that had been his nose. Should he be dead? Revoltingly, he lived.
"How much of me is left?" he asked. He numbly realized his face was wet and started wiping it furiously. "How much did I lose this time?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:19 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
”Calm yourself Lucky. Nothing is lost. You’re as whole as you were before, albeit a little sorer and wiser I’ll wager. Some medicines and some prayer have healed some of your wounds but you’ll still be tender and should keep at ease for now. Calder go tell his companions Lucky has roused and is doing well.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:54 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

"What know you of Roger?" the stout farm-woman hisses "Are you telling me that my little Aggie is with that thrice-cursed little goblin? Woe be to all of us for surely she is doomed."

"You priests..." she points to Bretwald and Bohemond. "Have you seen my dear Aggie? Did you leave her in the clutches of that prancing beastie?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:01 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sten growls "I told you all we couldn't leave her. I am sorry Mavis i was not in agreement on this i am going to check on Lucky they can explain cause i dont understand.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:01 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Laila stood, " Stop shouting, Woman!"

" The girl is with the one called Roger by her own choice and there was not a hair harmed on her head."

" Goblin? He is touched by the huldrafolk to be sure, but he was born as mortal as the rest of us."

" If I had known the girl was yours I would have brought her, but she spoke of no home or family and seemed to my eyes as cast aside as the boy. "

" If it is your wish I'll go fetch them both now, we left food and cloth but both seemed in good health."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next