Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:12 am 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
As you rise from your slumbers, perhaps some of you more rested than others, you find the farm quieter than you found it last night.

Most of the adult-folk have left to search for Aggie. You made your goodbyes to Bohemond before he left with them.

As you make a repast of a cold collection of the previous night's fare, Bretwald addresses you.

"I am saddened by the departure of my old friend, Bohemond, but fate is as the Saviour dictates. I am sure that Master Corvin, with his high recommendations, will prove most efficacious. Now, should we set out shortly, we should reach here.." and he points to a map, "Gully's Inn. That would be a good place to overnight, I should think, before we on to Saxton and search for Vallandr's Tomb."

"Lucky – are you well enough to travel on with us? You seem over improved from yesterday, but I would not wish you over-strained."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:37 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
" Gullys Inn? I have rarely been this far west and have not heard of it but an Inn sounds like a nice place to rest."

" Do you needs any of us to carry some of your gear, Lucky? I can't carry much myself but I'm happy to help."

She packed her belongings and stepped next to Bretwald.

" Sóls chariot is already above the horizon, we should be off."

She waved thanks to the farming household.

Nodding to the Matriach, " I remember my pledge."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:48 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
” I thank you for your kind words Father Bretwald. I do hope the little learning and lore I do possess will aid us in this worthy endeavour. Perhaps along the road you can share what you know of the legends surrounding Vallandr’s lost tomb and we will see if it aligns with what I’ve heard and read.”

Corvin claps Lucky on the shoulder as he sets off. “You’ll be right as rain in a day or two. Let’s hope we find treasure enough to weigh us all down eh?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:42 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

"I'll be alright. I'm a knight, after all." Eager to prove himself, Lucky politely refuses any attempt to help carry his gear. Straining with effort, he tells Corvin "Sure. When people see all the gold we'll find, they'll call us all Lucky."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:03 am 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Calder takes his position and prepares to leave with the rest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:10 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

As you leave the farm behind, you wonder about Roger and Egg / Aggie. Surely you'll be back here soon enough, and if they haven't been found, well, you'll unravel the mystery...

It'll take you 'til the end of day to reach Gullys Inn, you think, bar any interruptions along the way.

OOC. Time for a party chat along the road. Make sure you all are introduced to Master Corvin, and as for Lucky, well mayhap he seems like a new man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

A few miles into the journey Corvin will first join Sten at the front and asks him “I take it you are originally from these parts. So Baron Aldred is your liege lord then? What sort of man is he? We hear all sorts of...colourful things in the South. No doubt full of all sorts of fanciful exaggeration. Are all his knights as bold looking as you? If so he must have quite the force.”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:55 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

"Haha you certainly have a way with words Corvin. The Baron is a fair and just man. At least tha'ts the general consensus – as for his forces and such I'm not sure. Lucky and i have just returned from the crusades....."

Sten scratches his beard for a minute. "If you think about it the crusades would be a bit of an annoyance to the Nobility. it sucks the strength from the kingdom as the fighting men leave. However if they do not support the crusades then they fall out of favor with the church and no lord wants to be seen to be doing that. Who would want to be a lord dealing with crap like that. So what is it that you are looking for Corvin, riches, Glory, comely women?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:05 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

”Well all three of those things sound most agreeable!” Corvin says with a sly grin. “I also seek knowledge. So much learning has been lost in this dark age we live in.
And after a short pause he adds rather lamely ”oh and to obey God’s laws and the teachings of the Church of course...”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:17 am 
9th Rank
9th Rank

With that, Bretwald perks up. "Hmm, yes to obey the laws of God and to follow the teachings of the Church are surely the way that any righteous man should follow. And are we not doing the work of the Lord in our endeavor.."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next