Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:01 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Knight
Sten approaches his modest home and glances sideways at Lucky"Well, here goes nothing"
Sten knocks on the door harder than he intended.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:51 pm 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
“We seem to be be gathering around us people who are not attractive,” Calder whispers to whoever can hear him.

He salutes and how’s to the new men.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:12 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

"Ah, yes, the finest. Comes with something extra. Maybe some spit from the innkeep or if you're really lucky, there might actually be some alcohol in there", the other one (Drystan) says, his voice travelling from the inside of his cowl which is still hiding his face. He laughs and then, while waving at the new arrivals says "Come, sit, the two of us love to chat. Please, do you bring any news other than how the crops grow or who's wife's fatter than the rest!".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:10 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

The Sten and Lucky thread.

Joshua wrote:
Sten approaches his modest home and glances sideways at Lucky"Well, here goes nothing"
Sten knocks on the door harder than he intended.

"Who's that bleedin' well knockin' at me door?" comes a loud booming voice. Loud steps are heard and the door is swung open. In the doorway stands perhaps the largest woman Lucky has ever seen. He might notice a familial resemblance to Sten. Sten, of course, recognises the woman as his mother. So that's where he got his size from.

"Oh, yer back, boy." says Mother Sten. "Best come in and have a bite to eat, before it's gone."

She ushers the pair in and sits them down. Introductions are made to Lucky. Father Sten (Jacob) under normal circumstances might have seemed a formidable man, but next to his She-Bear of a wife. Tilly, the eldest daughter, and the wife of the erstwhile Miller, has a bun in her oven. The three triplets, Lucy, Lillian and Josie. And Jed, approaching Sten's size, but the beard a mere few patches.

Dinner is served.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:20 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

The Fenring's Retreat Thread

"Where I come from.." laughs Godric, "that would be the good stuff! If we're lucky, well, he'll have watered it down with his own piss, not that of his goat."

He moves to the spaces at the large table, where Bretwald follows, them both taking seats. "I'd suppose introductions would be in order. I am Father Bretwald, parish priest of Axbridge, here arrived in Saxton on a visit. My companion here, who seems to have a taste for goat's doings is Godric. My other fellows can introduce themselves. You good folk are?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:08 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
“Hail and well met to you both. My name is Corvin, Corvin Rath. I come from the South in the shadow of Earl Montombre’s castle but I hold no love for the Elfin Earl. I am a scribe and scholar by profession and I have some skill with dead languages and a little talent as a healer.

I traveled North seeking work in Gorburn but it seems Baron Aldred’s good folk are, shall we say, a little rustic and rarely have anything worth making a written record of. I chanced upon an old acquaintance of mine, Father Bohemond in Igham and he asked that I join the good Father here on his travels.

And that is how I find myself about to drink goat’s piss ale and eat God knows what in Saxton!”
Corvin finishes with a wry grin.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:40 am 
8th Rank
8th Rank

“I Calder! Happy meet you! I follow my late dad be warrior hope to bring him proud some day!” Calder says trying to string his sentences together coherently.

Clasping his hands together in greeting, he asks,”You eaten?”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:11 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

"So catch me up on the gossip, what's been happening over the last five years ?
We ran into a little trouble on the way in. We were attacked by some kind of cultists a few miles outside of the village"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:25 am 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Lucky is absolutely delighted to meet Sten's family. He's all smiles during dinner and listens enthusiastically to any stories. He drops ample but sincere compliments about the cooking and the family in general. If he thinks it will get a laugh, he makes funny faces at the triplets when no one else is looking, trying to get some good use out of his appearance for once.

Above all, he talks up Sten's accomplishments. He hopes his friends' family is proud of their long-absent knight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:54 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Bedwere takes another sip and grimaces. "Well, it's not poison." Squinting at Calder. "'Ere now, you've come a long way. Here to carry off our Albionic beauties, eh? I know one who wouldn't be missed." He cackles and offers his hand - you glimpse an unsightly wart on his wrist, just below the hem of his robe.

"Bedwere. Been through Axbridge many times, father, I like to wander. Is old Odo still spinnin' 'is tall tales?"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next