Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:13 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Warlock
The hunchback bows and after a sip from his glass says "and I'm Drystan Protheroe from Cornumbria, though I haven't seen that land in many years. I served, not by will but by force, the lords in Ereworn, may a thousand curses fall upon their heads. I managed to escape from their clutches and I've come here to find peace. But I'm wise and old enough to know that the road to bliss is a long and winding road and easier with comrades at ones side. So your company is much welcome."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:56 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
The Sten and Lucky thread. (2)

"Yer sister married Big Andy Miller. I'll be a grandma soon enough. We all got older, we got bigger, and that's about the much of it."

Papa Sten interrupts. "Well, we've had a few of us leave town. The stranger lads, that is... what d'ya say, though, cultists?"

The triplets are somewhat amused by Lucky's antics.

[quote=
"So catch me up on the gossip, what's been happening over the last five years ?
We ran into a little trouble on the way in. We were attacked by some kind of cultists a few miles outside of the village"

Lucky is absolutely delighted to meet Sten's family. He's all smiles during dinner and listens enthusiastically to any stories. He drops ample but sincere compliments about the cooking and the family in general. If he thinks it will get a laugh, he makes funny faces at the triplets when no one else is looking, trying to get some good use out of his appearance for once.

Above all, he talks up Sten's accomplishments. He hopes his friends' family is proud of their long-absent knight.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:34 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

The Retreat Gang

"Yes, I thought you looked familiar... Odo still tells his tales to any he can catch unaware. Did he tell you the one about the giant eel?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:33 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Laila sat quietly, something about their destination was weighing heavy on her and as she looked at the men around her she could not lose the feeling that many of them would not emerge from those woods.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:48 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
"That's my story!" cackles Bedwere. "Told it t'im years back, but 'e claimed it fer 'imself. Ah well, 'e's welcome to it, I wager 'e tells it better'n me." He raises his mug. "To tall tales and adventure!"

He's noticed Laila looking grim and makes a point to try and clunk mugs with her, hoping she'll cheer up and join the fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:03 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Corvin chinks his mug reservedly with the men and nods at Laila saying “Our Northern companion is maudlin but terrifying in battle. I think the brigands we met on the road just about shat their breeches when she came at them with her seax!”

Corvin pauses thoughtful for a moment before continuing “I say brigands but they were a strange bunch. A couple of them had somehow roped themselves together and came at us pretending to be some abomination from the pit of hell but all it did was hamper their attacks against us!

Their leader was a fiend truly though. And I swear on Father Bretwald’s bible this is God’s own truth, he had a long forked tongue like a snake and spat poisonous green gobbets at our brave Knight whilst trading sword blows with him! Have you ever heard tell of such a diabolical fellow around these parts? He died cursing us and calling out for some “dark lady” if I remember rightly. Does any of that sound like something you’ve heard tell of before - learned men of the world you appear to be?”

OOC Corvin has little experience with drinking and carousing and the ale must be making him more chatty...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:38 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

"Yep, Pa, some kind of cultists. Thet came at us chanting murderling, with a few of them roped together and covered in black cloth pretending to be some abomination from hell. The leader and I fought. He was spitting venom at me and had some forked tongue abnormally long. He gave me this and this(Sten points to the burn mark on his neck, and shows the cut crusted with blood on his hip)"Anyway, he was calling to some dark lady to curse us before I killed him"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:53 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

The Albish Family Sten

"I've to say, I've never 'eard of such a thing. Did ye recognise any a them?"

Joshua wrote:
"Yep, Pa, some kind of cultists. They came at us chanting murderling, with a few of them roped together and covered in black cloth pretending to be some abomination from hell. The leader and I fought. He was spitting venom at me and had some forked tongue abnormally long. He gave me this and this(Sten points to the burn mark on his neck, and shows the cut crusted with blood on his hip)"Anyway, he was calling to some dark lady to curse us before I killed him"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:00 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Drinking and Dining at the Retreat

The conversation pauses for perhaps a few seconds, as you all ponder. In the silence, you hear a bang from outside..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:27 pm 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Hearing the loud bang, Calder instinctively stands up and draws his sword.
“I check,” he said to his friends as he walks over

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next