Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:21 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:43 pm
Posts: 41
Profession: Knight
"I think you're right. We should relax and stop jumping at shadows for tonight. Big day tomorrow, right?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:36 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:26 pm
Posts: 16
Profession: Sorcerer
Bedwere looks at the door for a moment after Mugger leaves, feeling like someone should do more but being a little too tipsy and a little too much of a stranger to the town to feel like it's his responsibility. Instead, he gets a drink and invites himself to sit with Corvin, Bretwald and Sten, waving his friend Drystan over too. "Fenring Forest, eh? Domain of the faeries. What business you all got in there?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:29 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 264
Profession: Barbarian
Corvin frowns, realising drink has made him loose lipped. He slowly sips his ale and looks to Father Bretwald for his view on whether to disclose to these fellows the nature of their mission...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:49 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2100
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
" Dogs eat grass when they feel nauseous, perhaps he did the same?"

" Or he is cursed to spend every moon as a great black ox...and thats just his breakfast..."


Laila chuckled.

" Are we ready to go dance with the ljosalfar?"

She goes over to listen to the others as they talk.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:10 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 264
Profession: Barbarian
Corvin ponders the events of his Northern sojourn so far, concluding there is much to discover but he knows far too little yet to meaningfully report.

He looks dubiously at his unfinished ale and finds it suddenly unpalatable as it occurs to him that perhaps the strange malady inflicting the locals might be something in their food or drink. What, if any, was the connection to the giant hole Serpent Tongue and his men seemed to have uncovered?

Concluding that he will find no more answers that night he resolves to focus on more immediate matters and mutters to Father Bretwald
“Goodly Father, what can you tell us about the travails we might face on the morrow?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:33 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 871
Profession: Knight
"Well, yes, Master Corvin, what will the morrow hold, indeed.."

The priest pauses in thought, and starts again. "We must not anger the elves. We must pass with a light touch, for I would not wish to encounter that proud prince again. Moonlight will show our path by the thread, leading us to Vallandr's resting place. There we will find his treasure. What else we may find I do not know. Perhaps, traps to protect his tomb. I know not. Watchfulness must be our watchword."

Across the tavern, Jacob toasts the return of his son with sour ale. Godric joins the toast. Perhaps there will be a home for him here.



Nigelor wrote:
Corvin ponders the events of his Northern sojourn so far, concluding there is much to discover but he knows far too little yet to meaningfully report.

He looks dubiously at his unfinished ale and finds it suddenly unpalatable as it occurs to him that perhaps the strange malady inflicting the locals might be something in their food or drink. What, if any, was the connection to the giant hole Serpent Tongue and his men seemed to have uncovered?
Concluding that he will find no more answers that night he resolves to focus on more immediate matters and mutters to Father Bretwald
“Goodly Father, what can you tell us about the travails we might face on the morrow?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:48 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:43 pm
Posts: 41
Profession: Knight
"This sounds like it could get complicated..." Lucky mused. He had a sudden thirst, so he gently tapped Corvin on the shoulder. "You gonna finish that drink?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:40 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 264
Profession: Barbarian
SoldOutBoy wrote:
"This sounds like it could get complicated..." Lucky mused. He had a sudden thirst, so he gently tapped Corvin on the shoulder. "You gonna finish that drink?"


Corvin looks disdainfully at Lucky and pushes the tankard of ale towards Lucky.

"I find my thirst and appetite somewhat diminished."

Turning to Sten and his father he says "We are about to engage upon a most perilous endeavour by the sound of it. Where in this fine village might one acquire a gambeson and perhaps a shield? Mayhap the good folk of Saxton's watch will provide a shield and armour in fair recompense for the great service we have done the village in ridding it of that scoundrel Serpent Tongue and his lackeys?" Corvin finishes pointedly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:09 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:43 pm
Posts: 41
Profession: Knight
"Thank you, kind sir." Lucky pulls up a seat and takes the drink. He turns his face away from those present who aren't his travelling companions while he chugs the ale, conscious of his appearance. He'd seen people lose their appetite around him before. He was grateful that Sten's family had been kind to him during dinner, especially the children.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:34 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 871
Profession: Knight
"Aye, from what me boy tells me, you've done us a service. It'd be niggardly of me to deny you outfitting, though ye might not find it quite... of the finest quality.."

Nigelor wrote:
SoldOutBoy wrote:
"This sounds like it could get complicated..." Lucky mused. He had a sudden thirst, so he gently tapped Corvin on the shoulder. "You gonna finish that drink?"


Corvin looks disdainfully at Lucky and pushes the tankard of ale towards Lucky.

"I find my thirst and appetite somewhat diminished."

Turning to Sten and his father he says "We are about to engage upon a most perilous endeavour by the sound of it. Where in this fine village might one acquire a gambeson and perhaps a shield? Mayhap the good folk of Saxton's watch will provide a shield and armour in fair recompense for the great service we have done the village in ridding it of that scoundrel Serpent Tongue and his lackeys?" Corvin finishes pointedly.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group