Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:29 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
The cock crows and the good people of Saxton wake. For the first time in many years, Sten wakes up in his family’s home. A shame, perhaps, that he can’t stay longer. His friend, Lucky, joins at gis breakfast invitation.

The family break their fast with Sten and at the breakfast table, Mother Sten brings him a package. She passes him the package, wrapped in green linen.

Go on, boy” urges Jacob. “Open it.”
The package sits in Sten’s hands.

Over at Fenring’s Retreat, preparations are being made for the next, and final, leg of the journey to Vallandr’s Tomb. It hasn’t been the most comfortable of nights.

Today, adventure awaits. At least for some of you.

Godric is up with you all. “I told ‘ee before I wouldn’t be adventurin’ on from ‘ere. I been talking to ‘im what ‘as this tavern. I’ll be stayin’ ere. ‘’e’s promised me room and board, if’n I help ‘im with his brewing.” He leans conspiratorially towards you. “I dare say, after drinkin’ the ale last night, if I was to pass me water into his kegs, well, it’d taste better.” He guffaws at his own joke. Sadly, there’s a ring of truth around it.

Let us be ready to depart this place.” says Father Bretwald. “For tonight we follow the elf-thread to the Tomb of Vallandr. It would be best if we proved able and ready.
The party of Laila, Calder, Sten, and Corvin join Bretwald in a small repast with Godric, as they make ready.

Bedwere and Drystan make their appearance. Perhaps searching for food. Perhaps they have another motive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:54 am 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
When everyone is fed, Calder rises and says,”We go? All ready?”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:00 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
After breaking his fast Corvin will suggest they meet up with Sten and Jacob to procure whatever arms, armour and other provisions they might be able to wheedle out of a grateful Saxton before they head off to Fenring Forest. Corvin is particularly keen to procure some armour and a shield without depleting his meagre purse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Warlock
Nigelor wrote:
After breaking his fast Corvin will suggest they meet up with Sten and Jacob to procure whatever arms, armour and other provisions they might be able to wheedle out of a grateful Saxton before they head off to Fenring Forest. Corvin is particularly keen to procure some armour and a shield without depleting his meagre purse.

Drystan eats his breakfast in silence. He might have drunk one too many ales the day before. When Corvin suggests buying provisions he lightens up and count his pennies. Nothing satisfies the former slave more than the opportunity to spend coins of his own on whatever is in front of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

"We depart this morning" says Father Bretwald. "Make your preparations and gather Sten."

He bustles and packs. "It saddens me that Godric doesn't journey on with us. The more we number, the less our danger within the tomb."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
“Well what about the greybeard here and his friend l?” Corvin says jerking a thumb at Bedwere and Drystan over his shoulder.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:04 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

"Hmmm. Maybe..." ponders Bretwald. "Yes, Let's see. Good men", he addresses Bedwere and Drystan, "Where does your path take you after Saxton?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:37 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sten smiles and carefully unwraps the gift

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:04 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Laila remains quiet, her dreams were not reassuring and her ribs still ache from the fight with the bandits....still the woods seem somewhat inviting in their darkness.

She walks in silent contemplation after breaking her fast.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:11 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Calder says to the priest "We good, fight for treasure and strong, no need to worry!"

Over the days, Calder has come to appreciate his friends' talents and skills. He is confident the party will prevail with or without Godric.

SimonB wrote:
"We depart this morning" says Father Bretwald. "Make your preparations and gather Sten."

He bustles and packs. "It saddens me that Godric doesn't journey on with us. The more we number, the less our danger within the tomb."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next