Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Damian May wrote:
Laila looks impressed at the stonework, " You lads get your beauty sleep. I'll watch over you."

“Watched over by a mad murdering Mercanian!” Corvin mutters quietly to himself as he settles down to get some much needed rest. He hopefully falls asleep dreaming of glory, vengeance and treasure, hand on sword hilt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:17 am 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Warlock
"One could but wonder what has happened here" says Drystan and shows the jawbone found under his bedroll, "Mad murdering indeed. We're resting on old bones. A place for the dead". And with a grin before lying down again, "Sleep well everyone".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:03 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
"Rest, then dig. We'll make better progress that way."

Firestar76 wrote:
"Dig now or rest first?" Calder asks the priest. He is all ready to loot the tomb.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

As the first rays of the morning pass, some of you sleep through, and others take watch.

As the day reaches later morning Bretwald rises and sets to work, clearing soil and vegetation away from the large stone doors, using one of the picks and shovels he brought in preparation.

"Bringing the harvest in prepares you for work like this." he says, as he wipes the sweat from his brow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

“Indeed good Father. I shall keep watch whilst you fellows clear the way. I don’t have any experience in working the fields.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:38 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

"I see you got your calluses through scribery, rather than hard toil, Master Corvin. All hands to the clearance and we'll make our way in sooner."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 pm 
8th Rank
8th Rank

“Good night. Laila, I split shift with you,” Calder volunteers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 am 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Using the already mentioned jaw as a tool Drystan helps Bretwald cleaning the door. "As a former slave I don't have anything against hard manual work. The only thing I miss is the sound and the pain of the whip on my back".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:44 am 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Bretwald frowns. "It's ill to make a slave of another man."

He turns and passes you a spade. "!We'll make quicker work if you use this."

shugal wrote:
Using the already mentioned jaw as a tool Drystan helps Bretwald cleaning the door. "As a former slave I don't have anything against hard manual work. The only thing I miss is the sound and the pain of the whip on my back".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:15 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

SimonB wrote:
"I see you got your calluses through scribery, rather than hard toil, Master Corvin. All hands to the clearance and we'll make our way in sooner."

“Now Father, surely the Good Lord made each to his own. The birds of the air to fly, the fish to swim. Some men are made for labouring in the fields. Some to shepherd flocks in the meadow. Some such as yourself to be good shepherd for men’s souls...and some to be keepers and seekers of knowledge.”

Despite his protest Corvin gets to his feet, grabs a shovel and joins in the excavation.

”I suppose the sooner we get the door open the sooner we will uncover the mystery of our long dead ruler. Fame and fortune will surely follow.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next