Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:26 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Laila grinned, " The more big dumb pieces of meat I can put between me and pointy things or overgrown bugs the better. Welcome aboard."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:47 am 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Calder marches along.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:58 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

In response to Laila’s quip, and in an exaggerated sotto voce, Max mutters to Corvin, ‘I’m not that big’.

To demonstrate the point, Max, careful not to singe anyone with the torch, places a hand atop his head and moves out on the horizontal toward Sten’s back. Moments later it comes close but doesn’t quite make contact with the other man’s plate armour only slightly above the neck guard.

Drily, his eyes twinkling with humour, he adds, ‘see’.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:13 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
You pass west along the passageway and follow to the north, your new companion in tow.

You are confronted on your way forward by by a flickering barrier of violet light that shimmers in the air between two baroquely carved pillars on either side of the passage. Through the shimmering, you can just barely discern the outlines of the corridor as it continues north.

Just in front of this barrier, set back in alcoves to your left and right, are two fountains. In the western alcove, a chalky grey liquid issues from a snarling stone face and runs down into the ountain beneath. The eastern fountain is filled by a purple liquid that bubbles from a face sculpted in an expression of fear..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:09 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Max observes the conundrum before him. He rarely, if ever, encountered force fields whilst carrying out his day job.

Picking up a stone (if one isn’t to hand, he’ll dig out a penny from a pocket).

Preparing to underarm it into the shimmering violent haze he asks, ‘any objections?’.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:33 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sten looks at Laila "I bet that pretty cup has something to do with this. Why don't you scoop out some of those liquids and throw it at the barrier. See what happens. Either that or we can see if that mirrored helmet can reflect the barrier?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Laila shrugged at Max, " As long as your big enough where it counts."

Laila looked at Sten and took out her cup, " I don't see the connection myself, but it can't hurt."

She scooped out some chalky liquid in the cup and tossed it at the barrier as Max threw his stone.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:49 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Max aims his stone and flings it through the barrier, which it passes through with a slight semi-second disruption to the hole it makes, which is immediately filled.

The chalky liquid follows the same path, plopping through, the flickering light soon closing around the breach.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:34 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
“Well now. Given our barrier is a nice shade of violet and the other liquid has a distinct purplish hue, the principles of sympathetic magic might apply and lead us to try the similarly coloured liquid?”

Corvin frowns. “I doubt we are supposed to throw it though. Civilised folk usually drink or bathe…”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:30 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Observing the phenomenon of physical objects passing through the barrier, Max wonders if the same rules apply to flesh and bone.

‘I wonder why there are two liquids? What if you drank one to get you through the force field but you needed the other as some sort of antidote in the other side.’ Examining the fountains he adds, ‘and what do the expressions mean? Are they some sort of clue?’

Feeling as though he was starting to talk himself in circles, Max looks around for some type of spider or bug that he might be able to use to conduct a further test.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next