Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:43 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:30 pm 
Offline
4th Rank
4th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
Seeing that his companions had neither enchanted weapons or Father Bretwald, the preparedness to perform an exorcism, Max realised that it was now a do or die moment.

Reaching into his pack he produces a pair of clawed climbing gloves and begins to scale down the wall as quickly as he is able, even as the apparition is drifting upwards.

OOC : let me know if a d20 is needed --- GM note - Nah, not needed ---


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:50 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 235
Profession: Barbarian
Corvin casts Hold off the Dead and shouts for the party to try to grab the swords suspended in the air. He suspects these could be the fabled blades of the King’s long dead knights and companions of legend.


--- GM Note - How many MP does Mstr. Corvin have left? ---


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 741
Profession: Knight
"Morgrin. The worm in the apple that was mighty Vallandr's noble court. His half brother.. it is said that fire cleanses, yet looking at that specter, would anything physical take purchase?"

Damian May wrote:
Laila looked at Bretwald, " Who?"

She patted at her pouches and clothes for anything that would be of use against vaporous spirits and finding nothing legged it back towards the skeletons....

" I have oil...would fire harm the ghost?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:19 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2045
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Seeing Max go over the edge Laila swore to herself and with a running leap headed over as well, figuring better to dash her brains out on a stone floor than have a wretched phantom consume her soul.

( Reflexes to attempt a less damaging landing: Athletics/Acrobatics: 1d20 10 )

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:19 am 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 584
Profession: Warlock
Calder will move and grab one of the swords hoping it will be useful against the undead


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:40 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 741
Profession: Knight
The somewhat delayed 'what happens now'


Seeing that his companions had neither enchanted weapons or Father Bretwald, the preparedness to perform an exorcism, Max realised that it was now a do or die moment.
Reaching into his pack he produces a pair of clawed climbing gloves and begins to scale down the wall as quickly as he is able, even as the apparition is drifting upwards. He reaches the bottom successfully and moves toward the sword circle.

Corvin casts Hold off the Dead and shouts for the party to try to grab the swords suspended in the air. He suspects these could be the fabled blades of the King’s long dead knights and companions of legend. He moves forward with his stout companion Sten. The dread Morgrin grows closer and still grows closer...

Sten moves down the stairs stopping 15ft from the foul spectre
"Come get me then" he growls. His wish is granted as Morgrin smiles through thin spectral lips and raises his phantasmal sword.

Seeing Max go over the edge Laila swore to herself and with a running leap headed over as well, figuring better to dash her brains out on a stone floor than have a wretched phantom consume her soul. Through some unearthly luck, she bounces off the wall on her way down, and lands, winded but not wounded. Behind her, Lucky almost scampers his way down and lands next to her.

Calder pushes his way down the stair and makes his way past the spectre on his way to the swords.

Drystan mutters under his breath and his thin frame swells with vigorous energy as his muscles grow. He moves forward, clutching his staff, bollowed by Fr. Bretwald who makes a prayer under his breath.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:15 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2045
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila glanced down at herself in shock, " I can't believe that worked."

She dashed over and snatched up one of the precariously balanced swords.

" I hope these work against dead people."

Letting Max lead the way she headed up the stairs towards the spirit with a manic grin and an unnerving cackle.

Attack ( ATT 17, DEF 1 - Berserk ): 1d20+1d8 12 ( Attack roll 11, ABR 1)

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:17 am 
Offline
4th Rank
4th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
As astounded as Laila was that she hadn’t been dashed against the rocks, Max, hoping that Corvin’s observations were accurate, grabs one of the swords and races back up the steps to join battle with the apparition.

Attack roll of 17….


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:54 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 215
Profession: Knight
Sten waits for the foul thing and launches a savage attack
Att 16 roll 5
By pass 7+1 8 5 points of damage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:55 am 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 584
Profession: Warlock
Calder takes the sword and attacks the spectre


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group