Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:00 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 227
Profession: Knight
Laila walks out just in time to see Sten wearing just his breaches pull a bucket from the well and pour it over his head in hope that the cold water will shock him awake. He turns and sees Laila through bloodshot eyes and smiles "I assume it was a good night because I don't remember much, how about you ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:11 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2064
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Joshua wrote:
Laila walks out just in time to see Sten wearing just his breaches pull a bucket from the well and pour it over his head in hope that the cold water will shock him awake. He turns and sees Laila through bloodshot eyes and smiles "I assume it was a good night because I don't remember much, how about you ?


" Well, I don't think I led any of you lads astray."

" That said, I did wake up under my cot.....so I'm not sure exactly how it ended..."

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:43 pm 
Offline
4th Rank
4th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
Damian May wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Laila walks out just in time to see Sten wearing just his breaches pull a bucket from the well and pour it over his head in hope that the cold water will shock him awake. He turns and sees Laila through bloodshot eyes and smiles "I assume it was a good night because I don't remember much, how about you ?


" Well, I don't think I led any of you lads astray."

" That said, I did wake up under my cot.....so I'm not sure exactly how it ended..."


Max, who intending to saddle up early, had remained relatively sober throughout the merry making smiled wryly looking forward to his friends memories of the night’s festivities emerging from the fog over the coming hours.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:35 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 775
Profession: Knight
You're ushered into the inn's common room where you are met by, not a bear as Laila hoped, but perhaps the nearest a man could get to bearhood. A scowling knight sits at a table. As you enter, he takes a swig of what you think to be small ale. He looks down at the fare in front of him and selects a choice cut of meat, skewering it on his dagger and bringing it to his mouth. Chewing and swallowing, he lets out a great belch and then looks at you in disdain.

"Sent for you a while earlier and you come here now? It's good that the little task I have for you is not so... tasking. I'd be doing it myself but I have Baron Aldred's most urgent business to take care of. A most urgent matter. I guess you wastrels will be up to it."

He takes another swig of his ale.

"Up in hills by Norham Wood there's a hollow that the locals call Hob’s Dell. They believe it to be a magic place, and won’t go near it. I need people who aren’t
afraid of churls’ fireside tales.


He hurls a fat bag of coins down onto the table in front of him. “A hundred and fifty silver florins. You get fifty now, and the rest after you’ve done the job. There may be treasure along the way, and you can keep one tenth of any that you find. You can set out today.

I'm told the baron’s tax collector passed through Norham two days ago, heading for the castle. He had the taxes of four manors in his saddlebags. Yet it was only his horse that limped limped into Norham. Without him. The taxes were missing , and a fine sword I was sending as a gift for my brother. The horse must have thrown him up by Norham Wood—perhaps a Goblin frightened it, pah. His neck can be broken for all I care, but I want that sword back. And if the taxes aren’t recovered, the peasants will have to pay twice this year. Not a pleasant thought, with winter coming on.

His scowl tells you it is not the peasants’ welfare that concerns him. He looks at Lucky. " I guess that you'll be taking your monkey with you."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:47 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2064
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila listened but waited for the others to speak, a minor Jarl who seemed a little too full of himself was her immediate opinion of Beorn....but his money was as good as any others. Not that her purse had much need of filling, she was still quite well off in terms of silver.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:13 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 775
Profession: Knight
Beorn will post after the weekend. Have a good one all of you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:21 pm 
Offline
4th Rank
4th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
Despite having other tasks to accomplish, not least of which was returning a horse to Corvin’s kin, Max’s curiosity is piqued by Beorn’s offer.

He eyed the bag of coins with a wry smile. He didn’t necessarily need the money but a few extra Florins in his pocket wouldn’t go amiss when he returned to Cantorbridge.

He did however have one question, ‘what makes you so certain the tax collector’s horse must have thrown him? My assumption would be that he’d been the victim of brigandage. This Hobb’s Dell seems like an ideal hide out what with the superstitions that surround it.’


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:17 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 227
Profession: Knight
"With respect Sir Beorn you don't leave us much choice. Those taxes must be recovered along with your sword". Sten pauses for a moment "You would think that taxes would have an armed guard. We will gather our supplies and head out today".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:57 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 775
Profession: Knight
Strellers wrote:
Despite having other tasks to accomplish, not least of which was returning a horse to Corvin’s kin, Max’s curiosity is piqued by Beorn’s offer.

He eyed the bag of coins with a wry smile. He didn’t necessarily need the money but a few extra Florins in his pocket wouldn’t go amiss when he returned to Cantorbridge.

He did however have one question, ‘what makes you so certain the tax collector’s horse must have thrown him? My assumption would be that he’d been the victim of brigandage. This Hobb’s Dell seems like an ideal hide out what with the superstitions that surround it.’



"Did ye not listen? None would go near that Dell. Not from around here. Local superstitions and the like. None would dare go up there. The fellow, he fell, that's the most like."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:59 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 775
Profession: Knight
Joshua wrote:
"With respect Sir Beorn you don't leave us much choice. Those taxes must be recovered along with your sword". Sten pauses for a moment "You would think that taxes would have an armed guard. We will gather our supplies and head out today".


"An armed guard. There's been no need of that. Nah, the lickspittle fell and his horse bolted, I tell you. That's the right of it. So we have an accord then? Excellent."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group