Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:03 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:53 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 859
Profession: Knight
My word! The deduction here is indeed incredible. There is indeed a bucket tied to a rope. Who would have thought that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:20 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:19 pm
Posts: 20
Profession: Elementalist
"I don't think anyone's tried getting water out of this for quite a while," Swan observes, "but other people have been down, if the stories are to be believed, so there's got to be a way."

She gives the rope a tug. "If this is still in place, maybe the others used it. I'm willing to give it a try."

Swan places her lantern on the rim of the well, and clambers over. She gives the rope another few tugs, experimentally, before hitching it around her waist, sailor fashion.

"If you wouldn't mind lowering me ... slowly, I'll see what's at the bottom."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:39 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 161
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
Despite feeling distinctly like the local lad not too mention somewhat overawed by being in the presence of two attractive female buccaneers and a barbarian warrior from Kaypong, Taradoc steps forward and prepares to take the strain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:54 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2100
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Betala balanced up on the top of the well and watched Swan descend.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:51 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:41 pm
Posts: 21
Profession: Barbarian
Arkyn leans over the side of the well and shouts encouragingly as Swan descends.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:47 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2100
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Betala side-eyes Arkyn, " So...stealth is not an option then..."

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:19 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 859
Profession: Knight
Swan descends down and down into the well until she finally reaches the soggy bottom.

Looking up, she sees a small pinhole of light above, blocked sporadically by what she may hope is her fellows above.

Above, you feel a jerk on the rope. Looks like Swan has reached the bottom.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:44 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:19 pm
Posts: 20
Profession: Elementalist
Swan disentangles herself from the rope and peers cautiously around in the pitch darkness, seeing very little. She reaches out instead, running her hands over the damp slimy rock, hoping to find heaps of gold coins ready for the taking.

When (I presume) she doesn't come across handfuls of coins, she cups her hands to her mouth and shouts for the lantern to be lowered to her.

"Light the lantern and lower it down! I can't see a thing down here!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:34 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:41 pm
Posts: 21
Profession: Barbarian
Arkyn pulls the rope back up and lights Swan's lantern. He secures the lantern to the rope and lowers it gently down into the well.

'Here we are my fine lad!' bellows Arkyn. 'Are there riches and fortune down there?'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:51 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 859
Profession: Knight
Arkyn hears Swan's call of "..lantern...", sending the lantern down.

Swan hears the shout of "riches..." and hopes for these to come into view as the lantern comes down.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group